LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
..some quotes from the article above:

The Dark Web is a small and secretive part of the regular web that’s become a haven for drug markets, paedophiles and sex traffickers.

It’s dark because it uses encryption to hide the locations of everything on it from everything else. Users are anonymous and protected by a raft of privacy features baked directly into the Tor browser, which is the browser used to access it.

That leaves law enforcement not knowing where the websites are, who owns them, who uses them or who to arrest.

At least that’s the theory.

The reality is that while it’s hard to see in the dark, it’s not impossible to find things and over the last few years plenty of people who thought that Tor was a cloak of invisibility have come a cropper.
The people trying to hide on the Dark Web occasionally open doors that let the light come flooding in, bump in to the person chasing them or accidentally annoy organisations that happen to own very powerful torches.

Yup, there are in fact many ways to get busted on the Dark Web.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
TOR browser is good, if you want to take a peek at dark web, but for something more serious, Tails is better suited.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
^^ Maybe it's better to NOT offer "better"" solutions this kind of stuff in site like MalwareTips.... i could be wrong of course.

I agree with you, but i don't really understand "the dark web" to be honest, i just imagine that it is full of people who have something serious to hide and if they do then i hope they are tracked down.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
It is best to stay far , far away from that. one mistake and you might end up on a site that you do not want to be on , if you know what I mean. plus the danger from balckhats , honeypots and all sorts of agencies and sick minds. no matter how careful you are or wich security measurements you take. if you want to see the deep web in action , check this youtube channel , the guy who makes these videos is hillarious :)

Reactions: Winter Soldier

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
^^ Maybe it's better to NOT offer "better"" solutions this kind of stuff in site like MalwareTips.... i could be wrong of course.
I figure if someone's that curious to see what's lurking on the dark web they'll end up there regardless. Still, not a place to explore willy-nilly and definitely isn't worth the possible prison sentence if you end up on a site slinging CP or something else just as vile.

Reactions: FrFc1908

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Every Friday there for some Chats but nothing special. If u dont know aoubt the dark net dont use it or reasons to use it. Its not wise to go there than. Ppls who are they find there tips themself. Would not post something here.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.