Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
On Oct. 8, 1990, Microsoft put a dent in global productivity when it released Minesweeper as part of the Microsoft Entertainment Pack for Windows. It was aimed at those who used Windows 3.0. For the last 30 years, Minesweeper has thrilled millions with its simple, but deep, strategic gameplay. Here’s why people love it.

The Secret? Strategic, Addictive Gameplay

Minesweeper is a logic puzzle game set in a grid-based minefield. The goal is to clear (reveal) every square in the grid without accidentally clicking a mine—and to do so as quickly as possible. As you reveal squares, clues appear in the form of numbers that represent the number of mines located in the eight adjacent squares around them.

Along the way, you can mark where you think mines are located with a flag with just a right-click of your mouse. Be careful, though! If you click even a single mine by accident, the game is over.

Even if you hit a mine, it’s hard to give up once you grasp the basic numerical strategy of the game. Minesweeper makes you feel smart, but the thrill of danger is palpable. It’s a bit like Sudoku with explosions. So, you try again and, if you succeed, you might want to shave some seconds off your score.

You’re now in Minesweeper’s addictive grasp.
Read the full article here at How-To Geek:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.