On Sale! 35% OFF!! Shadow Defender

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Its website is using javascript to implement the effect of snow.:D

Quite popular in ancient days.:p

Reactions: frogboy

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Will I receive 2 license rather than one (which can be use for 2 activation) if I were to buy for two user?

H

hjlbx

$22.50 for (1) Lifetime license for (1) PC (tied to hardware); transfer from PC to PC is not supported.

Unless that all changed...

Reactions: Online_Sword

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
$22.50 for (1) Lifetime license for (1) PC (tied to hardware); transfer from PC to PC is not supported.

Unless that all changed...
You mean for the deal itself has a catch? Or is it all along is it not transferable?
Sorry, previously was using only trial hence no idea about this yet.

H

hjlbx

You mean for the deal itself has a catch? Or is it all along is it not transferable?
Sorry, previously was using only trial hence no idea about this yet.

License is always tied to a single PC; single installation\non-transferable.

That has been the way that the Shadow Defender license has always worked.

Visit www.shadowdefender.com to read further details about license.

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015

I see. So is like you can install and reinstall many time on the same PC. But if you're to change/upgrade to a new laptop you would have to purchase a new license. Is that right?
Does formatting the PC going to affect? or does changing/upgrading any hardware in the existing PC (e.g. main-board) impact the software installation into existing PC? Since I see you mentioned it is tied to the hardware.

H

hjlbx

I see. So is like you can install and reinstall many time on the same PC. But if you're to change/upgrade to a new laptop you would have to purchase a new license. Is that right?
Does formatting the PC going to affect? or does changing/upgrading any hardware in the existing PC (e.g. main-board) impact the software installation into existing PC? Since I see you mentioned it is tied to the hardware.

It is always best practice to uninstall soft before reformatting; it generally avoids problems with re-activating license. AppGuard is famous for problems when you reformat PC too many times; their server only allows a certain number of activations on a single PC.

Changing hardware can be a problem.

You should send questions to support@shadowdefender.com or sales@shadowdefender.com .

H

hjlbx

In general, Lifetime licenses always have some kind of catch; tied to hardware, can only be activated so many times (after have to contact vendor), non-transferable, no future updates, etc, etc.

NOTE: Shadow Defender license includes Lifetime updates.

The only true, paid Lifetime license with unlimited installs is BiniSoft's Windows Firewall Control.

Reactions: Hangtooth

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Thanks! @hjlbx
Have sent those queries to the email you provided. Keep fingers crossed and hopefully they can reply promptly if luck is with me. :)

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015

That has been the way that the Shadow Defender license has always worked.

Visit www.shadowdefender.com to read further details about license.

It is always best practice to uninstall soft before reformatting; it generally avoids problems with re-activating license. AppGuard is famous for problems when you reformat PC too many times; their server only allows a certain number of activations on a single PC.

Changing hardware can be a problem.

You should send questions to support@shadowdefender.com or sales@shadowdefender.com .

Tony replied and clarified it's transferable. So mystery resolved. :)
aPoPOGV.jpg

H

hjlbx

Tony replied and clarified it's transferable. So mystery resolved. :)
aPoPOGV.jpg

@CMLew

Appears you have no problems. I have problem. Cannot activate SD license on another PC. Hee... upside down now...

Glad it is clarified.

On another forum there is a post about it being non-transferable. I assumed that was the case since I can only activate SD license on one computer. Obviously that needs to be corrected...

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
@CMLew

Appears you have no problems. I have problem. Cannot activate SD license on another PC. Hee... upside down now...

Glad it is clarified.

On another forum there is a post about it being non-transferable. I assumed that was the case since I can only activate SD license on one computer. Obviously that needs to be corrected...

Haha! now it's ur time to email your problem to him then :)

Reactions: frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.