Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Hello
I would like to hear your opinion or experience about:
1) Which one of these two products can do better in prevention ?
2) Which one is faster? (Windows Boot time and system performance (not memory) ?

My system is:
Windows 7 , 32bit
3 gb ram

Thank you all in advance

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Having used Avira 2012 and the Avira 2014 beta, I've never noticed any slowdowns on boot (except initial reboot). It's current Web Protection is in form a toolbar, that not many are fond off (ie. the whole toolbar idea). However wait for Avira 2014 as I speculate they're removing the use of toolbars for good. Also web protection doesn't mean better protection, in most cases "the site was blocked, because detected the site to contain malware" or something along those lines. -- Just my opinion.

360 Internet Security is a product I would not use, despite it's recommendations or detection rates.

You as the user, are responsible for your PC and should have some knowledge to prevent threats from entering your PC.

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
I been using Qihoo 360 for (according to the UI) 16 days now and so far I have been enjoying it a lot, Its has a low performence impact, great detection rate, 3 engines (Cloud, Qihoo Engine, Bitdefender), its Cloud/Huerisitics is top notch, and has a sandbox.
The only complaint I have is that when you download a infected file the real time protection takes a little while to kick in however I believe Qihoo is working on a fix for that.
Otherwise its a great product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.