Battle 360 IS vs avast! Free vs 360 TS

Status
Not open for further replies.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
That is interesting. I don't believe 360 is interested in the average computer user though. They may be interested in Corporation's though. Most major Corporations use expensive AV products that I never knew existed. I have never had my Debit card charged from China so far. I googled Qihoo backdoor & all I came up with was Yahoo backdoor. Shame on Yahoo! I get pinged about once a month or so from NSA sites. I guess they want to know my latest Bowling score :)

Last edited:

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
That is interesting. I don't believe 360 is interested in the average computer user though. They may be interested in Corporation's though. Most major Corporations use expensive AV products that I never knew existed. I have never had my Debit card charged from China so far. I googled Qihoo backdoor & all I came up with was Yahoo backdoor. Shame on Yahoo! I get pinged about once a month or so from NSA sites. I guess they want to know my latest Bowling score :)
What you just said about Qihoo is interesting :)

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
A source would be nice.

Here are a few, right off the bat:
http://www.ibtimes.com/privacy-issu...des-free-antivirus-software-are-becoming-more
http://www.marbridgeconsulting.com/...oo_360_software_blocking_competitors_products
http://www.youngchinabiz.com/en/qihoo-polishes-image-with-govt-deal/
(search for "qihoo 360 backdoor")

No offense against Qihoo or its users, I have never used their AV, so I have no right to judge them. :)

Also, to stay on topic, I've used avast! on my old computer before switching to BD and eventually ESET.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Here are a few, right off the bat:
http://www.ibtimes.com/privacy-issu...des-free-antivirus-software-are-becoming-more
http://www.marbridgeconsulting.com/...oo_360_software_blocking_competitors_products
http://www.youngchinabiz.com/en/qihoo-polishes-image-with-govt-deal/
(search for "qihoo 360 backdoor")

No offense against Qihoo or its users, I have never used their AV, so I have no right to judge them. :)

Also, to stay on topic, I've used avast! on my old computer before switching to BD and eventually ESET.

Thanks, some of them are trusted sources.
Now I am against Qihoo

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Thanks for the reply tailhey & mateotis! I may be naïve but, if they are spying, then they are running into a dry well on my computer. I am more concerned with virus,malware & Trojan protection which can really mess up my computer! Avast is ok IMO but, I really prefer 360 IS. It is doing a fine job at catching things so far IMO.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

CapeBuffalo

Level 2
Verified
May 12, 2014
The important question is which has the better realtime protection, behaviour blocker (can add/or use a firewall with strong settings)
I think norton is out of the equation since its a paid product
keep OS and software up to date and if its isnt a bother try browsing in a sandbox

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
CapeBuffalo... is it possible to use 360's sandbox for browsing IE 10? If so please tell me how to do it? It sounds good to try it.

CapeBuffalo

Level 2
Verified
May 12, 2014
Not sure about that, was referring to a standalone sandbox like sandboxie (i use 2 sandbox one from sandboxie and the other from comodo in case sandboxie doesnt invoke the program) but as far as broswers go sandboxie run all of them fine, and its easier to transfer a file from sandboxie to your desktop once you feel it is safe for example you got a email from college and want to transfer it to your desktop (note you dont have to transfer it as the fiel can be opened and read in sandbox)
but 360 users can give you info on the sandbox in that program

CapeBuffalo

Level 2
Verified
May 12, 2014
Thank you CapeBuffalo! I am kind of Tech challenged & do not know how to do certain things.
Once you practice and read you come around great, also this community is full of experience security and computer pros, so if you have any question, post them and you'll get an answer :D
also welcome to the forum :)
another thing you said to use ie 10, have you tried other browsers (chrome, firefox) or do they slow your system?

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I use Mozilla Seamonkey to browse at times but, mainly for the email program which I find very good for my needs. I have Win 7 which came with no email program at all. I cannot believe Microsoft did that!

CapeBuffalo

Level 2
Verified
May 12, 2014
I use Mozilla Seamonkey to browse at times but, mainly for the email program which I find very good for my needs. I have Win 7 which came with no email program at all. I cannot believe Microsoft did that!
I see :D, i'm also using win 7, i get alot of emails but read them through the web browser within the sandbox

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
If people are paranoid about Qihoo, why aren't you worried about Russian AV's? Is it only the Chinese? What about German or USA they might like to spy too? Lol if you are that worried then I wouldn't use anything!;)

Reactions: davidgzz and looda

looda

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 11, 2014
i like 360 is very much but i will take now avast maybe i am wrong :confused: but 360 ts is lettil heavy on my pc than 360 is

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.