Battle 360 Qihoo Internet Security vs Baidu Antivirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

souhrid

Level 5
Thread author
Jun 29, 2012
i want to know which product you will choose baidu or 360 internet security,both programs have a similar UI and settings but are entirely different qihu uses bitdefender engine whereas baidu uses avira(along with their respective engines),which one is better in case of detection,FP,resource usage,web protection etc.I also came to hear that bitdefender gives ony their older engines to other vendors is that true in the case of qihu 360 internet security??

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
WalterWolf said:

Just checking. I respect your opinion, but I just don't trust "governments," no matter what nationality. Here it's choosing the lesser evil, or the "Devil you know" — ie. unwanted surveillance from PRISM et al. — versus the Devils you don't know — ie. unwanted surveillance + computer problems etc. from other criminals.

Chinese or American or Russian or Guatemalan or Brazilian or whatever — we are all people — and we're together. Our lack of perception of this fact is directly proportional to the power that illegitimate governments can wield.

WalterWolf

Level 3
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
Jaspion said:
WalterWolf said:

Just checking. I respect your opinion, but I just don't trust "governments," no matter what nationality. Here it's choosing the lesser evil, or the "Devil you know" — ie. unwanted surveillance from PRISM et al. — versus the Devils you don't know — ie. unwanted surveillance + computer problems etc. from other criminals.

Chinese or American or Russian or Guatemalan or Brazilian or whatever — we are all people — and we're together. Our lack of perception of this fact is directly proportional to the power that illegitimate governments can wield.

You can't trust anyone but sometimes i think it's better to trust Europe/America than others it's just idk how to explain it.

Wordward

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
I agree with the closeness between these two AV's. Both are light, run well, and have HIPs. However, I'm a little confused about the Baidu Cloud Engine. I read that it uses Kaspersky for this. Also, wouldn't the Bitdefender engine in 360 Qihoo currently be better than the Baidu Avira engine for real time protection? Thanks.

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Good choice is Qihoo 360 Internet security + Zon Alarm Firewall version absolutely free!
Are compatible and work well together, but if you want you can choose another firewall Comodo.

kevinssi

Level 1
Sep 23, 2013
If defect-free rate of china's MID is up to is high up to 90%.Maybe impact high prices 3c product.
About china's software security...
Obviously there's a way to go, but I think there's been a vast improvement

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I would like to revive this thread on account of some important facts. Baidu has no protection against keyloggers. 360's protection against keyloggers is good. Baidu also affirms to have screen capture defense, but I have attested to the contrary.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I just want to state my opinion that just because some software came from China doesn't mean that you should not trust it. I in particular, prefer the UI in Chinese software since it looks more modern and flat than any other out there. The performance and detection capabilities are pretty decent too. My point is, just give it a chance. Who knows, this might be your next favorite software? :)

Last edited:

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Qihoo 360 down't have any firewall, it's failed to block malicious url pages but it can caught in download protection. Baidu is failure in my opinion. it's proactive defense is not good also webguard is weak.

Reactions: Venustus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.