Battle 360 Qihoo Internet Security vs Baidu Antivirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

souhrid

Level 5
Thread author
Jun 29, 2012
i want to know which product you will choose baidu or 360 internet security,both programs have a similar UI and settings but are entirely different qihu uses bitdefender engine whereas baidu uses avira(along with their respective engines),which one is better in case of detection,FP,resource usage,web protection etc.I also came to hear that bitdefender gives ony their older engines to other vendors is that true in the case of qihu 360 internet security??

dragonmew

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
never heard of either of them they sound like scam software names so i wouldnt trust them with security on my pc id rather go for a known company like eset etc

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
never heard of either of them they sound like scam software names so i wouldnt trust them with security on my pc id rather go for a known company like eset etc

It's mostly because Qihoo is more known in Asia, see survey results:
http://malwaretips.com/threads/av-comparatives-security-survey-2014-released.23683/
aocxejvpxxdvqffbcwig.jpg

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Qihoo is quite good, I already tested it, agree with moonshine, just because the Av come from china doesn't mean that we can't trust it. They don't have firewall though, but we can use CF or zone alarm, both are compatible and running very well. Their download protection is good too

Reactions: Venustus

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Another difference I noted, about the Download Protection of both AVs:

Baidu's download protection uses a reduced virus database. Read more.

Qihoo's download protection, on the other hand, gives you optimized settings. On my test, I used only the 360 engine for real-time, without BD or QVM, but the download protection gave me results with QVM, showing the download protection of Qihoo uses all of its engines (probably).

Qihoo's strategy makes more sense. This is a telling feature that can help you project an image of how both AVs work. Thank you.

looda

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 11, 2014
i love both but i work with qihoo360 its very very lite on my pc and hi detection rat and sandbox and its free and about me i can trust china than usa

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Just a quick question, 360 Internet Security is not a cloud AV? Because the download is over 200MB, compared to Baidu which is less than 20MB(?) I believe.

Reactions: Venustus

Michael_Blunt

Level 1
Verified
Apr 4, 2014
Having used them both over the last month, 360 wins me over on the count of detection rate and the included sandbox. I can confirm what other users have said, they both use their own cloud engines, add samples very fast and are very light products with Baidu being slightly lighter on resource usage.

Now if only Qihoo would fix 360 issues with win8.1 update 1 i would be one happy camper...
And while Qihoo is working on fixing that situation, i will be playing around with other AV's. :D

Neiltullio

Level 2
Verified
Dec 25, 2013
The answer is - none of them. I don't trust software from China. This is completely different market than rest of the world, allowing applications to do what they want and when they want.

Reactions: Malware1

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
zone alarm isnt good otherwise it would be on that list huracan posted
ZoneAlarm uses Kaspersky AV engine and according to several AV testing sites gives you about the same protection, it is just not as popular as it once was that is why it is not on the list. Just because it is not on the list doesn't mean it isn't good, it just means it is not popular. Comodo is not on any of the lists, neither is Online Armor, Gdata, Trustport, Norman, Dr. Web or FortiClient, does that mean they are not good as well?

Enjoy!! :D

D

Deleted member 178

The answer is - none of them. I don't trust software from China. This is completely different market than rest of the world, allowing applications to do what they want and when they want.

Protection-wise , chinese AVs are like any other AVs.
Privacy-Wise, i don't trust them; there is no privacy in China , and common chinese users really don't care about privacy.

Reactions: Malware1 and Oxygen

Fel Grossi

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
I use and recommend Qihu 360, is a great antivirus, lightweight, high detection rate and a good defense, I use some time and I have nothing to complain about. I didnt use Baidu yet, still do not believe that it's bad, but I prefer Qihu 360. Dislike Baidu for its "methods of dissemination." I have friends who understand little of computer and make download products and sites on the Internet, when I see your computer, your native antivirus installed and Baidu (came built into any installer of some program). Therefore, I not recommend.

Reactions: MalwareDetective

Neiltullio

Level 2
Verified
Dec 25, 2013
Protection-wise , chinese AVs are like any other AVs.
Privacy-Wise, i don't trust them; there is no privacy in China , and common chinese users really don't care about privacy.

Yup. Focusing only on detection - Qihoo is better.
IMHO Baidu has no idea what they detect and why, they just blindly copy detection from other vendors (what means - they copy their FPs).
Anyway - because of privacy concerns - I don't recommend .cn software.

Privacy is a serious issue when talking about AVs. They can send to HQs files, memory dumps, links, metadata..
People should choose only vendors they trust.

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Yup. Focusing only on detection - Qihoo is better.
IMHO Baidu has no idea what they detect and why, they just blindly copy detection from other vendors (what means - they copy their FPs).
Anyway - because of privacy concerns - I don't recommend .cn software.

Privacy is a serious issue when talking about AVs. They can send to HQs files, memory dumps, links, metadata..
People should choose only vendors they trust.
I fully agree, especially with the copying. :) They copy-paste everything since they joined VirusTotal.

Last edited:

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
I fully agree, especially with the copying. :) They copy-paste everything since they joined VirusTotal.

Totally agree to.

That said I would like to point out that, it's only a matter of time before Asia or better said China develops a own antivirus brand that does use its own engine and its own technology to combat malware.
Right now China's internet infrastructure is actually better then its US counterpart as China already has upgraded their nodes to IPV6 as standard, which is great. However they lack a general understanding of online security as a whole.
The private & commercial security industry within notable China is still basing its technology to the late 90's.
In time they probably will match and possible even outclass the western world, based upon the fact that its the biggest market on the planet, and its also a protected market where brands like Symantec, Kaspersky and Sophos do not have much pull and probably never will get much pull.
Software from China, specificly antivirus are just rip offs and while the detection rates might seem alright, one has to remember that its litterally stolen from already established vendors. BUT Chinese removal techniques used in Chinese AV programs are backwards at best.
Hence why they buy last year generation Bitdefender engines (Or other brands) to have a base line to start from.
If their software will be effective is irrelevant because the market is so big that the cash flow even on bad product will outclass that of the top 3 AV vendors combined. So it's only a matter of time when the research hunger in the Asian nations hit the software industry.
Right now best thing to do for a western based person is to stay away from Chinese software specificly security software due to the fact that Chinese security walks hand in hand with their hunger for technology and the illigal search and hacking on the net.
Simple put in time the Chinese industry will be just as good as western ones, but right not they are defining their identity and this is not going in a friendly way as long they lack the solid background and core foundations that the west did build the past 50 years.
Yeah yeah it all sound bias and western propaganda like, but thats no the point, read between the lines and you know what I am saying.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.