New Update 360 Total Security Updates

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I installed Qihoo TS for testing with this new engine and maybe it's hidden because I'm unable to find it.

I think it's mostly under the hood tweaking vato, 360 ts usually brings out 2 program upgrades per month. Some only contain only " bug fixes" and sometimes major changes. Could not find any info on the net on that crystal engine. But maybe I can dig around on their Chinese forum, to see if I can find some more info in there.

Step 1

Level 3
Verified
Sep 17, 2018
I think it's mostly under the hood tweaking vato, 360 ts usually brings out 2 program upgrades per month. Some only contain only " bug fixes" and sometimes major changes. Could not find any info on the net on that crystal engine. But maybe I can dig around on their Chinese forum, to see if I can find some more info in there.
No, thanks my friend, it's not necessary. It's just curiosity.

I am, years later, again with Qihoo and deserves a quiet test independently of the Crystal engine.

By the way, every time I see "Crystal Engine" I think about Crystal Security, Great soft (y)

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Maybe its only for premium as It gets new features faster
No it's not. The premium version does not get new features faster. There are features that are only available in the premium version that have never been included in the free version, but both the free and premium versions provide the same level of protection.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I saw in their application that they get new functions faster or something like that.
In the update settings, there is the option to update to new program versions sooner. However, even with it checked, it usually takes a day or two after an update is released, before it will find and download the new version.

360 Update.png

You can of course, download and update new versions manually, or another option is to use Patch My PC, which will download and run the installer itself.

Jerry.Lin

Level 2
Verified
Apr 27, 2018
This is a so bad translation... It's not an engine and it's not new.

"Core crystal protection engine " is a hardware virtualization mechanism using Intel VT (or AMD-V) which extends the hips protection range in 64-bit system, meaning the hips will be more comprehensive and block more suspicious actions from malware.

ex. with this mechanism, 360 hips is able to block code injection in 64-bit system (see the picture below)

But this is not new. The Chinese version already had it in 2015 and continued updating (to be compatible with various win10 versions) .... so it's very late for TS to implement such mechanism...:rolleyes:

Some posts about this( use translator if you can)

This feature is automatically enabled in newest version (for 64-bit) (need reboot after installation/update). You should see a button on the bottom of protection GUI and a small banner on the top of hips pop up.

Annotation 2019-11-25 123636.pngAnnotation 2019-11-25 123555.png

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
what are other security features that Chinese ver have but international don't?
Have a look at this link. It's in Chinese, but Chrome will translate it.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Have a look at this link. It's in Chinese, but Chrome will translate it.

thanks roger for this link , I do hope qihoo will bring some of their software for the chinese market to us , like the driver master ( ts premium has a driver updater but I do not think it is litterally the same.) hopefully they will bring out the chromium 360 and extreme explorer in english as well , I currently use the chinese versions as my browsers.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I do hope qihoo will bring some of their software for the chinese market to us , like the driver master ( ts premium has a driver updater but I do not think it is litterally the same.) hopefully they will bring out the chromium 360 and extreme explorer in english as well , I currently use the chinese versions as my browsers.
The English and Chinese versions of their driver updater are essentially the same.
I was using 360 Extreme Explorer for some time, but I ended up ditching it as it using an old version of Chromium. It's currently only using Chromium 69.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
The English and Chinese versions of their driver updater are essentially the same.
I was using 360 Extreme Explorer for some time, but I ended up ditching it as it using an old version of Chromium. It's currently only using Chromium 69.

Yes I know that it uses Chrome 69 core , there is currently a v12 beta version floating around on the qihoo forum , but its download is locked to invited people only it uses the Chrome 78 core. People are reporting all sorts of bugs on it. Is there a standalone english version of driver master , or do you mean the built in version in 360ts?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Yes I know that it uses Chrome 69 core , there is currently a v12 beta version floating around on the qihoo forum , but its download is locked to invited people only it uses the Chrome 78 core. People are reporting all sorts of bugs on it. Is there a standalone english version of driver master , or do you mean the built in version in 360ts?
I didn't know about the v12 beta. I just found a download link and am about to install it. There are download links on the following page, if you are interested.
https://www.lanzous.com/i7ddxof
I was talking about the version included with 360 TS.

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
I didn't know about the v12 beta. I just found a download link and am about to install it. There are download links on the following page, if you are interested.
https://www.lanzous.com/i7ddxof
I was talking about the version included with 360 TS.
Can you pls tell us if see any big changes in the V 12 ? i wish this qihoo dont come with many " extra- ware "

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Can you pls tell us if see any big changes in the V 12 ? i wish this qihoo dont come with many " extra- ware "
I only had it installed very briefly, but I didn't notice anything. When you have a large number of tabs open, not all of them are shown on the screen. There appears to be no solution to this, so I uninstalled it. This was an issue in previous versions too.

Reactions: FrFc1908

Howzee

Dec 4, 2019
Intel-VT Core crystal protection engine doesnt allow me to watch Netflix on any of my Windows 10 web browsers. Turning it off helped but I had to figure it out by myself by trying this and that. Just made an account here to write this.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.