New Update 360 Total Security Updates

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
2 things to notice after the upgrade to the latest version :

* they seemingly removed the bitdefender scan engine ( avira engine is the only one showing )

* they added QEX script killing engine :

" combined with 360 cloud computing script behaviour engine , quickly killing script viruses "

in the general settings tab you will find the following new enteries :

"automatically upload unknown or suspicious files to help improve malware protection "

* 360 abnormailty sensing system is checked by default

Antus67

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Nov 3, 2019
Pro''s
The free version is decent
Features antivirus engines by Avira and Bitdefender
Cleanup and full scans are highly effective
The smartphone app allows to remotely help others to use Total Security
The interface is very simple
Easy to use – everything is right there in front of you
Low system impact when idle
Real-time cloud-based protection

Cons:
Below-average lab test results
Most of the tools are mediocre at best
Get ready for a constant ads flow
Requires some tweaking for optimized security
Above-average system impact during a scan
Some of the useful features aren’t available with the free version

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
360 total security has been upgraded again today :

10.6.0.1285 Dec 13, 2019
  • Fixed: Bug fixes

I did get this via automatic updates , so maybe the upgrade to the latest version asap has been fixed
;)

Jerry.Lin

Level 2
Verified
Apr 27, 2018
Last edited:

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Hello,
it seems 360 is improving the international version. first the crystal engine system and now I can see the QEX engine (Chinese ver have it since ages)! this is a big boost.
also, 360 cloud is smarter than before. the new ver of Bandzip(beta) is bloated with adware and probably some kind of malware and now the 360 Cloud show me the low-risk warning on it! before it could only show safe, malware and no risk found! it seems low risk in new kind of detection from 360 safe brain.
Read more about 360 brain here:

@Jerry.Lin what does low risk means? adware? or what? you should ask them. ty

Attachments

• 360 engine.PNG
    360 engine.PNG
    24.8 KB · Views: 479

Jerry.Lin

Level 2
Verified
Apr 27, 2018
what does low risk means?
It's like low cloud reputation. It won't be detected when scanning or RTP, but with download protection it will show it's a risky file and let you decide to allow or not.
And sad is that this kind of cloud feedback is also not new... It's like the standard EDR function that implemented a long time ago in Chinese version.

360 Endpoint Detection and Response working like this:
RTP/scanning found unknown file -> auto upload -> Analysis/Verdict in 5 min -> hips/scan component auto response/detect to new threat

In previous version, TS only upload unknown when manually scanning and need of your confirmation. The TS cloud is also set to be low sensitive in detection( for low FP).
I could see in the recent updates they gradually enhance this cloud feedback system and now it almost has the same cloud protection level as the Chinese version, but still, the framework of 360 cloud hips/proactive defense is old and cloud QVM detection is not integrated in hips.

I guess the reason for this late is due to false positive and privacy concern.

Jerry.Lin

Level 2
Verified
Apr 27, 2018
Will you say Qihoo is better than huoorong? the AV mean..
It's hard to tell. For current i would say the general protection of 360 is better than huorong.

But the technology they use/ focus is completely different

360 mainly relies on cloud, which means response pretty fast to new threats, but the shortcoming is also obvious: simply modification of hash can bypass cloud detection; QVM has relatively high false positive; completely useless when offline (even with Avira or BD database is still very weak)

Huorong's detection engine mainly relies on dynamic heuristic/emulation, which means it has high detection rate for known threats/variants but very poor detection for new threats. And Huorong does have a lot of customizing options, like hips rules, which could use to enhance protection.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Unlike with the last release, doing a check for updates did not find the new version. Rather than waiting for 360 to update itself, I updated it using Patch My PC. Patch My PC downloads and automatically launches the installer. 360 asks you if you want to upgrade and then a few seconds after confirming this, the new version will have finished installing.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.