Not open for further replies.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Hope Qihoo get around to updating this to version 9. Couple of issues I would like to see them work on in both versions:

-Password support for changing settings and using features in a limited rights account without having to log in to the admin account
-A better presence in Windows with File Protection/Anti-ransomeware. It would be nice to be able to have some sort of safe zones dialog and maybe an icon reminder in protected folders or on protected files

Thanks for the update. Go Qihoo! :)

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I asked Qihoo support this question, "I have question regarding the difference between 360 TSE & 360 TS, which one is better but only with respect to the level of security provided by both of them?".
And got this reply "In terms of protection, TSE and TS is the same if you're using the same version. E.G. 8.8TS v.s. 8.8TSE. => Same".

Sadly, it means 360 TS v9.0.0.1171 has better security features than 360 TSE V8.8.0.1033. 360 TSE is perfect but i just hate 360 TS, too much ad and bloatware included.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I asked Qihoo support this question, "I have question regarding the difference between 360 TSE & 360 TS, which one is better but only with respect to the level of security provided by both of them?".
And got this reply "In terms of protection, TSE and TS is the same if you're using the same version. E.G. 8.8TS v.s. 8.8TSE. => Same".

Sadly, it means 360 TS v9.0.0.1171 has better security features than 360 TSE V8.8.0.1033. 360 TSE is perfect but i just hate 360 TS, too much ad and bloatware included.
Probably for the obvious reasons, Qihoo won't update their TSE (8.x) to the same version as TS (9.x). If that happened, most of the users, especially the advanced or the considerate users would opt for TSE only.
Though they've kept TSE only for the sake of keeping their provisional game online, adding support for Creators update was nice and very much needed.
You'll find frequent bug fixes and some improvements in TS and not TSE, and that clears their intention. Theirs was a nice diplomatic answer btw.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
You'll find frequent bug fixes and some improvements in TS and not TSE, and that clears their intention. Theirs was a nice diplomatic answer btw.

I am learning over the last 3-4 years that making sure a program is still being developed is super important with security software. This seems like a really good example to see this, because Qihoo is refining 360 TS in a number of ways. The alerts are becoming more refined and the translation from Chinese on the alerts better and then there are the usual bug fixes. Also, I'm sure Qihoo is adding small improvements to the system protection elements. None of that is going into 360 TSE for now.

If Qihoo can see it, it appears to me the company has an opportunity with 360 TSE. Seems like it would be a great platform to develop into a simple endpoint business version of 360.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I am learning over the last 3-4 years that making sure a program is still being developed is super important with security software. This seems like a really good example to see this, because Qihoo is refining 360 TS in a number of ways. The alerts are becoming more refined and the translation from Chinese on the alerts better and then there are the usual bug fixes. Also, I'm sure Qihoo is adding small improvements to the system protection elements. None of that is going into 360 TSE for now.

If Qihoo can see it, it appears to me the company has an opportunity with 360 TSE. Seems like it would be a great platform to develop into a simple endpoint business version of 360.
I will agree on that! With some amendments to their design policies, TSE could have been developed and marketed better for private use as well as business endpoints with a no-nonsense version. Who knows, maybe they have some plan for endpoint protection ahead.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Probably for the obvious reasons, Qihoo won't update their TSE (8.x) to the same version as TS (9.x). If that happened, most of the users, especially the advanced or the considerate users would opt for TSE only.
Though they've kept TSE only for the sake of keeping their provisional game online, adding support for Creators update was nice and very much needed.
Update on the customer support reply.

ME: So, it means 360 TS v9.0.0.1171 has better security features than 360 TSE V8.8.0.1033?
Customer support: Basically the same, But TS 9.0 may contain fixes that TSE 8.8

He didn't finish the sentence but you get vibe. TS will be a priority for Qihoo for obvious reasons.

I agree.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017

I will agree on that! With some amendments to their design policies, TSE could have been developed and marketed better for private use as well as business endpoints with a no-nonsense version. Who knows, maybe they have some plan for endpoint protection ahead.
Update on the customer support reply.

ME: So, it means 360 TS v9.0.0.1171 has better security features than 360 TSE V8.8.0.1033?
Customer support: Basically the same, But TS 9.0 may contain fixes that TSE 8.8

He didn't finish the sentence but you get vibe. TS will be a priority for Qihoo for obvious reasons.

I agree.
The same in theory, different in practice:

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
The same in theory, different in practice:

I recollect these videos demonstrating the mechanistic protection the products offer. Thanks for bringing it up again. The difference is absolutely disappointing!
Sad for those who aren't informed about any differences and use TSE believing that they're simply benefitting from a lighter yet equally effective protection.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
I recollect these videos demonstrating the mechanistic protection the products offer. Thanks for bringing it up again. The difference is absolutely disappointing!
Sad for those who aren't informed about any differences and use TSE believing that they're simply benefitting from a lighter yet equally effective protection.

I agree. I went so far as to install 360 TSE and then these videos were released. I enjoyed the test, but I was quickly back to 360 TS...:eek: Now I cringe when I see someone is relying on 360 TSE...

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I agree. I went so far as to install 360 TSE and then these videos were released. I enjoyed the test, but I was quickly back to 360 TS...:eek: Now I cringe when I see someone is relying on 360 TSE...
How much is the difference in performance with 360TS wrt 360TSE? I guess I can live with some junk and ads if performance wise there is not much difference.

Reactions: AtlBo

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
How much is the difference in performance with 360TS wrt 360TSE? I guess I can live with some junk and ads if performance wise there is not much difference.

The GUI seems heavier to open, but I haven't noticed any difference during normal use. I guess with all the features it makes sense that the GUI of 360 TS would be lighter. BTW, if you have anything to block processes, you can block PromoUtil.exe, and you should be free from ad pop ups during boot time. I don't see any ads in the program, except in the toolbox area...very small program ads at the bottom for games and apps 360 promotes. I don't mind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.