Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Last edited:

Razor555

Level 5
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
Speak of the devil, Bitdefender engine crashing for me on the new version of 360 TS. :mad:
I think its time for Qihoo to search for another engine. :p

Reactions: kiric96 and Kent

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
They really need to add the option to auto update the program.

I just checked my program version and im all the way back at 5.0.0.2000 :D

Going to wait to hear more about bitdefender engine crashing before I update to the latest version.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Reverted back to previous version 5.0.0.2018. Bitdefender engine was crashing, can someone confirm this?

Users with Windows 8.1 have in my german forum the same problem... probably it is better to use the previous version... ;)
for me with windows 7 there is no problem ... but I do not use the bitdefender engine in real-time protection!

Last edited:

Razor555

Level 5
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
Users with Windows 8.1 have in my german forum the same problem... probably it is better to use the previous version... ;)
for me with windows 7 there is no problem ... but I do not use the bitdefender engine in real-time protection!

Yep I am also running win 8.1 pro 64 bit. Already sent to Qihoo the issue, I hope they read it. :)

Reactions: silversurfer

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
OK, guys.. To all experiencing problems with the BD engine in the new version.
I usually have only the cloud engines enabled, but I also turned Avira and BD engines on for testing purposes.
I can confirm that the BD engine crashes. Everything's OK with Avira.
To fix this issue (I hope), you should uninstall 360TS completely (i.e. with Revo or Geek) and make a clean reinstall of the product. Everything works fine now (for me).

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
I usually have only the cloud engines enabled, but I also turned Avira and BD engines on for testing purposes.
To fix this issue (I hope), you should uninstall 360TS completely (i.e. with Revo or Geek) and make a clean reinstall of the product. Everything works fine now (for me).
Better use 360 internet security......no bugs....no problems at all!!!!!!;)

Razor555

Level 5
Verified
Sep 15, 2014

I hope it lasts for you because i have done everything you mentioned above and "more" and the issue still came back. :D Used revo to uninstall and "everything" to make sure i clear all out, even hidden folders from 360 and prefetch data..

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
I hope it lasts for you because i have done everything you mentioned above and "more" and the issue still came back. :D Used revo to uninstall and "everything" to make sure i clear all out, even hidden folders from 360 and prefetch data..
That's disappointing.. :(
You should go back to the previous version or IS..
I hope they'll fix it as soon as possible.

R

RevolutionSphere

Speak of the devil, Bitdefender engine crashing for me on the new version of 360 TS. :mad:
I think its time for Qihoo to search for another engine. :p
Or you could just turn it off, 360 TS does its job fine on the default engines :p

Reactions: Razor555
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.