Advice Request 360 TS detected a system anamoly

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I was testing 360TS v8.8.0.1033 with CF and ran a quick scan on my Win10 x64 laptop on Creators update(With BD & Avira engines off) and got this detection.

System Anomalies
----------------------
Unable to open executable file Not resolved

What does this mean? Are my win10 settings incorrect or does it have to do anything with CF (I am using CS's config for it)?
I didn't fix it as it wasn't a malware detection, also i wasn't sure if it was not indeed an FP. Google wasn't much help either.
PS, I am able to run all my programs correctly.

Also, i am unable to install 360 IS Firefox extension.

Thanks in advance.

With best regards
Rockstarrocks

Reactions: Rengar

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Sounds like a dead .exe that it wants to remove but I can't be sure.
Right click on 360's system tray icon and click log, then see if there's any mention of the detection in there that could provide more detail. If not then you could always create a system restore point, let 360 repair the anomaly and if there's any obvious affect on your system then use the restore point to reverse the change.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
It is safe to do as Arequire says. There are some minor translation quirks with 360, which is developed by a Chinese company. Likely is something simple like a dead shortcut to a program. 360 leaves a way for you to reverse behavior changes that the program makes. Can't remember whether it is in the log or in the Quarantine. I am unable to check at the present time, although I do use 360 on my primary PC at home.

You are correct to be slightly concerned, however, because if 360 deletes something with a change, it won't be able to fully undo the change. It doesn't usually do this, but you may run into situations where you aren't sure exactly what the 360 is going to do, such as revert changes made by a program to the Windows hosts file or to a driver, and it is important to know.

The logs are really quite good with 360 TS.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Right click on 360's system tray icon and click log, then see if there's any mention of the detection in there that could provide more detail. If not then you could always create a system restore point, let 360 repair the anomaly and if there's any obvious affect on your system then use the restore point to reverse the change.
This is what ifound in the log

360 Total Security Scan Log

Scan Time:2017-05-08 00:59:55
Time Taken:00:05:21
Object(s) Scanned:18779
Threat(s) Found:1
Threat(s) Resolved:0

Scan Settings
----------------------
Compressed Files Scan:Yes
Scan Engine:Avira and Bitdefender engines are disabled

Scan Scope
----------------------
Quick Scan

Scan Result
======================
System Anomalies
----------------------
Unable to open executable file Not resolved

Reactions: AtlBo

brambedkar59

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Did as you suggested, created restore point and let 360 repair the anomaly. Nothing unusual so far.

Reactions: AtlBo
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.