360 TSE on Win 10 64 Bits with Bd/Avira enabled (Custom Mode)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Anyone running 360 TSE on Win 10 64 Bits with Bd or Avira or both enabled (realtime & ondemand) in Custom Mode?

Does Bd or Avira or both works offline for you i.e net disconnected (Custom Mode)...i.e does Bd or Avira or both detects threats realtime & ondemand offline for you i.e net disconnect/internet not connected (Custom Mode)?

Please do notice I mean "Custom Mode".

I cannot test real malware. But I tested with some harmless samples that Bd/Avira both detects at VT...& when I test those samples offline (internet not connected) Bd/Avira doesn't detect the samples neither ondemand nor realtime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Logethica

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Can you clarify the steps you took, so others can re-create this scenario. What do you mean by Custom Mode, assuming it's users' preferences, what settings did you change?

For example:
  1. Downloaded 'Download full package (Virus database included)'
  2. Installed 7.2.0.1020 on Windows 10 64-bit
  3. Enabled Bitdefender and Avira engines
  4. ...
Were the VirusTotal reports up-to-date, when were the samples scanned (ie. date/time)?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Win 10 64
360TSE 7.2.0.1019 (I see .1020 is released...will try to test this)
Downloaded Bd offline databases & was updated to the latest.

360TSE has few protection mode..."Security Mode" is max security i.e everything enabled & "Custom Mode" you can choose to enable/disable.
I tested Custom Mode with Avira/Bd enabled for both ondemand/realtime.

I tested "Security Mode" too & enabled Avira realtime/ondemand & databases were downloaded & updated to the latest. Same results for both mode i.e no detection offline i.e internet not connected.

VT results were both i.e available results & I uploaded again for latest results.
Samples were from testmypcsecurity...trojansimulator.exe & deletevolume.exe

VT results -
trojansimulator.exe
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...38d6ae856981937b114591cf/analysis/1442782745/
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...38d6ae856981937b114591cf/analysis/1442842189/

deletevolume.exe
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...0aa16f6be65659601dc45ce8/analysis/1437883518/
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...0aa16f6be65659601dc45ce8/analysis/1442842414/

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Ok...I checked with the latest version 7.2.0.1021.
Ondemand Bd worked fine offline i.e internet not connected (Custom Mode).

The samples are not Win 10 64 compatible so couldn't test Bd realtime offline i.e internet not connected.

Can anyone give me a harmless sample that works on Win 10 64 & detected by Bitdefender?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Ok...I checked with the latest version 7.2.0.1021.
Ondemand Bd worked fine offline i.e internet not connected (Custom Mode).

The samples are not Win 10 64 compatible so couldn't test Bd realtime offline i.e internet not connected.

Can anyone give me a harmless sample that works on Win 10 64 & detected by Bitdefender?

Use the EICAR .com files. They are completely harmless and should be detected by all AVs by agreement.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Use the EICAR .com files. They are completely harmless and should be detected by all AVs by agreement.
I used EICAR.com files. Win
I tried EICAR.com files but Windows mention cant run on your PC...find a version for your PC..check with software publisher.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
I used EICAR.com files. Win

I tried EICAR.com files but Windows mention cant run on your PC...find a version for your PC..check with software publisher.

EICAR files are essentially text files so they cannot be executed. The EICAR files are designed to test an AV's detection via signature capabilities only.

Just a side note... if an AV does not detect the EICAR files then there is a problem. From what I understand all AVs have agreed to include signatures in their databases for the EICAR files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.