500 Million Animals Killed as Australia Fires Create “Apocalyptic” Smoke Plume Wider Than Europe

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
1578004031173.png

As Australia’s horrific bushfire crisis continues unabated, smoke plumes believed to cover an area greater than that of Europe have been created while glaciers in neighboring New Zealand have been turned black by soot from the fires.

In the meantime, nearly 500,000,000 animals have been killed while the human death toll has climbed to at least 17. Experts have warned of a broader humanitarian crisis looming over the country, fueling anger at the government of Prime Minister Scott Morrison.

On Wednesday, experts noted that a massive plume of smoke spanning roughly 2.1 million square miles (5.5 million sq km) had begun drifting over the Pacific Ocean toward New Zealand, which BBC reports has been blanketed in smoke and haze from the Australia fires in recent days. The Guardian reports that vacationers have described the hazy skies in New Zealand as “sepia,” “orange” and “apocalyptic.”

Source: 500 Million Animals Killed as Australia Fires Create "Apocalyptic" Smoke Plume Wider Than Europe

Last edited by a moderator:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
we can smell the smoke here in Melbourne.

* Use surgical masks to defend your lungs!
* Welcome as many animals as possible into your home!
* How is venustus doing, is it safe?

PS. Thank you for the anonymous moderator to have better arranged, embellish this topic, before putting it on air!
I'll take this example for the future...

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
The fires are a complete disaster...There has been no rain at all for months now..Sydney has been shrouded in smoke from the fires burning along it's fringes..The other day going to work,I was lucky to be able to see more than 20 metres in font of me...The real heroes are the firefighters,and the victims are the local fauna,not to mention the loss of homes and the death of so many people:(
$.jpg
1m0bavm9gx741.jpg
f715ab5a1303440cae021bd2de837697_18.jpg
Thank you for all your well wishes!!🙏

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I found even reading this thread which I avoided deeply disturbing for everyone involved - I have a friend in NZ South Island & the haze there unbelievably is very noticeable 2500 miles away! Words fail me, but all in my thoughts - I feel this is a big wake up call if we dismiss such things it may end up being to late I feel.
Edited:

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
While unimaginable and horrible for Australia, it is a global horror as well. The causes underlying it affect everyone and fires are but one symptom of the great harm done to the planet. And yes, these fires make California's look rather small in comparison, but no less harmful or deadly. 😢

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.