On Sale! 65% discount on Heimdal Thor Home Products.

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://pages.heimdalsecurity.com/en/affpromo/?source=sas&sscid=71k3_3nwak
Event end
Jul 6, 2019
How to get a license
Website directs to promo page.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
65% discount on Heimdal Thor Home Products.

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
Very good/clever decision to introduce vigilance(which has many features which foresight does not have and vice versa) in addition to foresight and premium versions to attract users. Must have been the marketing team!!!:LOL:

tlacenka

Level 2
Verified
Mar 22, 2014
i think, that the problem is, that nobody have bought it..and write "hurray it found something in this test and in this test"
next problem is, that a lot of people bought earlier product name lifetime license... and now.. there is no product, but u can pay new one...
and the process of upgrade app is...at least strange (it was with .bat file ?)

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Is Thor really bad?
No it ain't IMO, but many also know it lacks official testing and that always been it's Achilles heel. Why I personal can say it ain't bad is because it's security layers saved my ass several times when I haven't used my VPN but, with that turned on, Thor never been more than a update patching software. A very effective one though and more than enough for me as I never needed a software that can update more that's already installed.

There was a previous great discussion about the software and a few private tests that did show it's potential, but that is sadly gone now.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Is Thor really bad? I know why everyone hates Webroot and they deserve it but I don't know much about Thor. I heard Thor uses Avira's engine so at least signature wise it's gotta be better than Webroot :p

Thor Premium is really good IMO and also one of the lightest solutions you can deploy. It has nice heuristics and BB, as well as sandboxing along with Avira signatures. They stack it with excellent DNS, Web, and process injection protection aspects of normal Heimdal. One of my strongest and lightest setup recommendations is Thor Premium combined with VS or OSArmor, with a near zero impact on system operation and gaming.

Another combo is Cylance+Thor Premium, and Syshardener, you don't even feel like you have any system impact at all but it should be relatively bulletproof as well.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I have revisited Heimdal Thor Home Premium and I am impressed. It is very light and responsive and it seems they fixed the issue I reported. Anyway when I installed it I noticed this in the task manager
Screenshot (2).png

I know it is using Avira engine, but it seems to me it is a rebrand of Avira with some home technology. What do you think?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019

Well, the results are worrying. Thor has uses Avira Signatures and cloud. I believe if a sample was not detected by its web protection and Avira signatures and cloud, then the system would be infected.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Well, the results are worrying. Thor has uses Avira Signatures and cloud. I believe if a sample was not detected by its web protection and Avira signatures and cloud, then the system would be infected.
have it on my daughter's laptop. I got the offer from MT for 3 years. Very lightweight protection. But I tried it with several virus samples and I didn't get good results.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Thor's web-protection is probably very good, signatures and cloud-detection by Avira are good enough, but to improve overall protection something proactive like BB is really necessary to implement into Thor Premium.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
I hadn't seen you try it. I had the same results. Disappointing. While I tried Avira pro with the same virus samples I got much better results. It will probably have late signatures like the 360 TS

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.