Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Softpedia said:
InMotion's data center got hit by the hacker that calls himself TiGER-M@TE, leaving a few hundred thousand website owners with nonfunctional pages. He is also the one responsible for the attack carried out on Google Bangladesh.

[attachment=832]

“At around 4am EST, our system administration team identified a website defacement attack affecting a large number of customers. We are still investigating, but it appears that files named index.php have been defaced,” InMotion representatives said.

rel="nofollow" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" href="http://thehackernews.com/2011/09/inmotion-hosting-server-and-trinity-fm.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheHackersNews+(The+Hackers+News+-+Daily+Cyber+News+Updates)&utm_content=Google+Reader">The Hacker News obtained an interview with TiGER-M@TE.

He claims to be working alone, his modus operandi narrowing to private exploits and zero-day attacks.

"I hack 700000 websites in one shot, this may be a new world Record. After submitting 200,000 domains,zone-h was going down again and again and became almost unresponsive in the end.so i was unable to submit all websites.so i've listed all domains in attachment. It was not just a server hack, actually whole data center got hacked," the cybercriminal revealed.

It seems that he didn't do much harm to the websites, only replacing the index file on each with his own. The hosting company has already started the repair process, guiding members who possess the necessary knowledge to make the repairs themselves.

“If you have a backup of your site, you may upload your index.php files to correct this. You may need to do this for each directory. If your site uses an index.html or index.htm, you will need to upload those files, then delete the index.php,” a press release stated.

After a few hours the company successfully restored 65% of the affected pages, urging users to refresh their browsers if they're still viewing the hacked site.

Read more

Attachments

• 700-000-InMotion-Websites-Hacked-by-TiGER-M-TE-2.png
    700-000-InMotion-Websites-Hacked-by-TiGER-M-TE-2.png
    135.4 KB · Views: 495

CycloneTutorials

May 19, 2011
Strange, students in my school write "TIGER M@TE" Every where. And yes, they are bangladeshi. Don't know what he is up next.

V

Vextor

Ok, is it me or does the title say 700,000 Websites Hacked?
And no suprise the Hacker News interviewed him, their the same people who released a copy of Zeus into the wild.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Definitely a world record, its like the hacker was well skilled in hacking. Managed to hack with lots of domain websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.