75-year-old woman cuts off Internet to Georgia and Armenia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
75-year-old woman cuts off Internet to Georgia and Armenia - aaa ..

75-year-old woman cuts off Internet to Georgia and Armenia : http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-cetera/75-year-old-woman-cuts-off-internet-to-georgia-and-armenia-2011047/

'A retired 75-year-old woman has single-handedly managed to cut off the Internet connection of two countries.

She was digging around for scrap metal when she happened upon something far more valuable: Armenia and Georgia’s connection to the Internet. The interior ministry in Tbilisi said the woman hacked into a fibre-optic cable which runs through Georgia to Armenia, causing thousands of Internet users in both countries to lose connection for a few hours on March 28.'

Sorry for this news aged a bit, but it keeps me open-mouthed ..

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Loosing internet is something I don't want to happen to me.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Happened last year.....proves how fragile is the Internet in some parts of the world....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.