Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumaran

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2013
Alcatel-Lucent estimates that 80 percent of malware infections detected on mobile networks during the first half of 2015 have been traced to Windows-based computers and laptops.

alcatel-092015-1.jpg

This finding represents a significant change from 2013 and 2014 when the source of mobile network infections were roughly split equally between Android and Windows-supported devices.

Cybercriminals are quickly taking advantage of unique opportunities in the mobile ecosystem to spread spyware. In fact, 10 of the 25 most prolific threats on smartphones are in the mobile spyware category, and are often delivered bundled with games and free software.Read more

L

LabZero

@Klipsh sadly I doubt Windows will ever be secure, as it just wasn't meant to be that way and it won't be that way either.
Yes, but in my opinion some things should be considered:
The best way is signatureless prevention: anti-exe, BB, advanced sandbox, but how many not advanced users know/can use these technologies?

See here about the sandbox for example:

Sandbox and real security.

If I ask a friend : do you go on the internet?
Answer: no I just go on Facebook!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: frogboy and Kuttz
D

Deleted member 178

Until Windows (or other OS) is made by an AI , it will never be safe. Humans are flawed, so their creations.

(Philosophy time ^^)

Reactions: LabZero
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.