On Sale! 89% off for Avira Phantom VPN: Lifetime Subscription ($40)

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
upload_2018-1-18_8-18-58.png

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Not so good for Baltic States, no LT, LV, EST, RU servers, closest server is in SWE only. It really depends where you live at to determine if It's good VPN for you, so better check server list before you buy. Maybe they will add more in future, but I wouldn't really count on it.

toto_10

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2017
Avira Phantom VPN will not autoconnect to a server when Windows starts up, it doesn't have that function. And you can't install their VPN on a router, they do not support it.
I bought the license and when I activated it, I can see its for 5 years and not lifetime. Can someone explain this please? And is it possible to get a refund? I did contact stacksocial.com yesterday and I'm waiting for a answer.

I can confirm that the connection speed is good.

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Avira Phantom VPN will not autoconnect to a server when Windows starts up, it doesn't have that function. And you can't install their VPN on a router, they do not support it.
I bought the license and when I activated it, I can see its for 5 years and not lifetime. Can someone explain this please? And is it possible to get a refund? I did contact stacksocial.com yesterday and I'm waiting for a answer.

Hmm I did google for the same promotion, and indeed came up several of them but they all linked to stacksocial. I guess we might have to wait for their response on your query. My best guess is probably that they put 5 years renewable unlimited, similar like windscribe lifetime.

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017

After 5 years it will renew to another 5 years automatically for the lifetime as far as I know and you can configure it to auto connect when windows startup.it works perfectly for me!

toto_10

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2017
After 5 years it will renew to another 5 years automatically for the lifetime as far as I know and you can configure it to auto connect when windows startup.it works perfectly for me!

How do you configure it to auto connect? People in other forums says it doesn't have that function and I can't find it either. Just to be clear, I don't talk about startup in windows, but auto connect to a server immediately when Windows starts.

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017
How do you configure it to auto connect? People in other forums says it doesn't have that function and I can't find it either. Just to be clear, I don't talk about startup in windows, but auto connect to a server immediately when Windows starts.
There is an option in settings as 'AUTO connect VPN for wifi networks' and you can choose wifi networks which avira phantom should auto connect to!

T

TrinitronMSDOS

It's a good deal if you already use Avira products and like the "all in one" ease of use. It's also a decent VPN service. However, i feel that Windscribe (10$ more) or Ivacy (10$ cheaper) are both better choices available on StackSocial.

PS: Windscribe lifetime license seems to be at 69$ as of now, sorry for the mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bribon77

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
I have been trying out Windscribe Pro on a one year deal, because the price and performance of the free VPN was decent. Quite happy with the service! But Avira was my 2nd choice, and it actually performed a bit better for me speed wise during testing, but the subscription price was not even close to what Windscribe offered me for a year.

So this offer may be too good to pass up vs. Windscribe lifetime. Plus I would expect Avira to have a better business model as a company, to allow them to remain in business longer, vs. a fairly new company. These lifetime deals do come with a caveat that the company needs to remain in business to continue providing the service.

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I have been trying out Windscribe Pro on a one year deal, because the price and performance of the free VPN was decent. Quite happy with the service! But Avira was my 2nd choice, and it actually performed a bit better for me speed wise during testing, but the subscription price was not even close to what Windscribe offered me for a year.

So this offer may be too good to pass up vs. Windscribe lifetime. Plus I would expect Avira to have a better business model as a company, to allow them to remain in business longer, vs. a fairly new company. These lifetime deals do come with a caveat that the company needs to remain in business to continue providing the service.

I can say Avira might last longer than Windscribe lol.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Great find!

Questions:

1) How fast is this VPN?
2) How secure is this VPN? Does it leak your IP address?
3) Anyone here use this VPN yet? If you have I'd like to hear your thoughts!

I see some mixed results through these reviews that I found:

I do agree that Avira is a good company and has provided some nice security tools for end users to have for free/paid security.

~Brian

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
Great find!

Questions:

1) How fast is this VPN?
2) How secure is this VPN? Does it leak your IP address?
3) Anyone here use this VPN yet? If you have I'd like to hear your thoughts!

I see some mixed results through these reviews that I found:

I do agree that Avira is a good company and has provided some nice security tools for end users to have for free/paid security.

~Brian

All I can suggest is try the free version. Then run the browser leak tests and the net speed tests to see how it performs in your region. I didn't see any problems here, but as always ymmv!

Reactions: TrinitronMSDOS

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.