9% of Popular Websites Use Anti-Adblock Scripts

Tsiehshi

Level 2
Verified
Nov 11, 2017
Hello Tsiehshi, VERY Good, let's make your extension!
I look forward to trying it!
I got rejected for supposedly spreading "false information":

Dear Developer,

Your item, "Adblock Companion," with ID: hfdgmdimkedopkigdfbdpbcafnkbejjm, did not comply with our Developer Program Policies and was removed from the Google Chrome Web store.

Your item did not comply with the following section of our policy:

Products must not contain false or misleading information in any content, title, icon, description, or screenshots. If your app has a blank description field and appears to be suspicious, we may remove it.

If you’d like to re-submit it, please modify the item so that it complies with the policies, then re-publish it in your developer dashboard. Please reply to this email for issues regarding this item removal.

*Please keep in mind that after you resubmit your item, it will not be immediately published live in the store. All re-submitted items undergo a strict compliance review and will be re-published only if the item passes that review.

*Important Note
Repeated or egregious violations of the policies may result in your developer account being banned from the store. This may also result in the suspension of related Google services associated with your Google account. All re-submitted items will continue to be subject to the Chrome Web store program policies and terms of service.

Thank you for your cooperation,
Chrome Web Store Team

It may have something to do with me leaving the description field empty, but if it's not, I'll end up wasting one more attempt.

PS. I can just upload it somewhere else, but I want to learn exactly why it got rejected.

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
"If you’d like to re-submit it, please modify the item so that it complies with the policies, then re-publish it in your developer dashboard. Please reply to this email for issues regarding this item removal."

- Can you hurry up, please?;)
soon soon
everyone is waiting for this!

-it's NOT this same as this one found by Google: AdBlock Companion

Tsiehshi

Level 2
Verified
Nov 11, 2017
I uploaded it once more under the name "Shield My Adblock" and got another rejection on the grounds that it doesn't work. When I tested it again, I was getting mixed results. I didn't significantly change the code, but I'm suspecting the better earlier results were a fluke. :( The thing is, it worked much better as a Tampermonkey userscript.

PS. Looks like there could be light at the end of the tunnel:
ac.zip

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.