A comprehensive security guide for Windows 10.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hello, what do you think of these security recommendations for Windows (It is company version but can also be applied to other editions)? As far as I can read (sorry English is not my natural language) is an instruction to secure windows in an almost impenetrable way. Well you users with more experience in the topic of computer security will say what this is like. Thank you very much. Best regards. :)

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Also the policies are suited to Enterprise environment, and some of them should be made stronger in the home environment. Except that, it is an interesting security guidance for the advanced users, but hard to apply and manage in practice.

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Also the policies are suited to Enterprise environment, and some of them should be made stronger in the home environment. Except that, it is an interesting security guidance for the advanced users, but hard to apply and manage in practice.

I’ve actually applied much of “twin” document by the Australian “sister” agency for win10 pro via GPO, I’d say a big chunk of these apply but it takes time especially because user software may break and in some cases the user needs to change their workflows.

I’d say it has some value but as you said one needs to be prepared to spend time

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.