A great Operating System for users who want Fluidity and simple UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
Fuduntu is Fedora based OS but with Gnome 2.
It is simple,fast,butter smooth and very customizable :)
I recommend this for those who are tired of using Windows and want some change because this OS offers you the best desktop experience.
This OS has some extra and butter smooth animations.
Fuduntu also have some nice set of applications by default so you won't get left behind :)
Here is the list:

1)Chromium(latest version)
2)LibreOffice(for office user)
3)Thunderbird
4)GIMP
5)VLC(latest version)
6)Adobe Flash (licensed)
7)Fluendo MP3 Codec (licensed)
8)Jupiter(application for desktop power settings)
And much more......

And don't worry you can install softwares with the help of Add/Remove softwares or by Yum extender :)

http://www.fuduntu.org/

mr.lashpash

Oct 18, 2012
Nice and Great OS
I have tried it and it is really smooth and customizeable.
But its Partition Manager is so weired and you should have seprate hard disk to install this. Otherwise your existing partition will be lost :p

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
mr.lashpash said:
Nice and Great OS
I have tried it and it is really smooth and customizeable.
But its Partition Manager is so weired and you should have seprate hard disk to install this. Otherwise your existing partition will be lost :p

Partition Manager on all Linux based OS's is weird not this one :)

P

Plexx

For new Linux users, I would recommend:
* Linux Mint (Cinnamon or Mate), although Nadia 14 has been released with Xfce and KDE Desktop Environments as well.
* Ubuntu and its variations: Ubuntu, Kubuntu (KDE Desktop Environment), Xubuntu (Xfce Desktop Environment) or Lubuntu (LXDE Desktop Environment).

Once a user is more comfortable with Linux then Fedora based or Slackware based distros can be looked into :)

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Yeah, fedora is unstable. Ubuntu and the distributions based on it (Kubuntu, Linux Mint, etc) is the best choice.

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
im looking at put on my computer another OS like linux which one has a email and looking for the best easy one to do virtualbox with too i like fuduntu which has thunderbird looking to get rid of yahoo mail for good

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
Yeah, fedora is unstable. Ubuntu and the distributions based on it (Kubuntu, Linux Mint, etc) is the best choice.

Yeah you are right about that
But Fuduntu is most stable Linux based OS i have ever tested :)
When it comes to Linux Mint,Ubuntu or any Ubuntu based OS they are laggy sometimes especially when it comes to animations or video playback :)

Just give Fuduntu a spin(just try live desktop without installation) if you don't mind :)
Then you will see the difference :)

Thanks for your comment guys ;)

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
rebel4life said:
im looking at put on my computer another OS like linux which one has a email and looking for the best easy one to do virtualbox with too i like fuduntu which has thunderbird looking to get rid of yahoo mail for good

Thunderbird is supported by every Linux based OS but you can try Fuduntu and other OS's live(without installation) to test the best desktop environment suitable for you :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
All the current Linux OSes feel clunky to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.