A guide to finding and removing spyware and stalkerware on your smartphone

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Our digital selves, more and more, are becoming part of our full identity. The emails we send, the conversations we have over social media -- both private and public -- as well as photos we share, the videos we watch, and the websites we visit all contribute to our digital forms. As mobile devices are now a common tool for social interactions, it is not just ad agencies, data miners, and surveillance-hungry powers that want to keep track of us.

When a government agency, country, or cybercriminals decide to peek into our digital lives, there are generally ways to prevent them from doing so. Virtual private networks (VPNs), end-to-end encryption and using browsers that do not track user activity are all common methods. Sometimes, however, surveillance is more difficult to detect -- and closer to home. This guide will run through what spyware is, what the warning signs of infection are, and how to remove such pestilence from your mobile devices.

Full Story The ultimate guide to finding and killing spyware and stalkerware on your smartphone | ZDNet

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Thanks for sharing! Ironic article: title says how to kill spyware and stalkware, but inside the article it mentions the exact name of the spyware apps and links to the official site

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Changing the title, which I don't do as a rule, had me wondering if someone would have a problem with it so I assumed it was your thrust but after rereading your post and the article I agree, ironic. As CyberGhost used to say, stay frosty :emoji_v:

thM5V6660R.jpg

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.