A less confusing start menu - Classic Shell (Free and Open-Source)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majiturf

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 5, 2018
Github: Classic Shell

Classic Shell™ is free software that improves your productivity, enhances the usability of Windows and empowers you to use the computer the way you like it. The main features are:
  • Highly customizable start menu with multiple styles and skins
  • Quick access to recent, frequently-used, or pinned programs
  • Find programs, settings, files and documents
  • Start button for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
  • Toolbar and status bar for Windows Explorer
  • Caption and status bar for Internet Explorer

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
It is free software that has long been regretted, I also patronize. :)It has become open source recently because it became difficult to follow update of win10.
If Microsoft prepared such software that can reproduce the old environment, I feel that the flow of transition to win 10 was a little different.:unsure:

JoseyWales

Level 1
Verified
Jul 23, 2018
Personally, I really appreciate the Windows 8 start menu layout...far easier to find what I need, when I need it..using a 42" toshiba monitor makes all the difference. Using just one or two rolls of the mouse wheel and I can locate/execute anything I so desire, not having to mouse over sub-menus under sub-menus. For that matter, I fail to understand why users here still run Windows 7 (suspecting alot of posters here have either a bootleg os or the fact that Win7 serial keys are found anywhere for little to nothing..and the same group grabbed Win X for the same reason...(to cheap to pass up)...
When the day comes they announce Win8 will no longer be supported (and Im still alive at that time), I'll gladly move up to WinX, for by then, most of WinX will be polished for the business environment- the same principles apply for free security, you either choose to be part of the testing ground, or you buy security, and receive the proven product recommended for business environments.

The old rule.."There's No Such Thing as a Free Lunch" will always apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.