Troubleshoot A motherboard that supports Windows 7 and the Intel® Core™ i9-7980XE X-series?

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
I need to know what PC motherboards from Asrock work with Windows 7 and supports the new CPUs from intel in this case Intel® Core™ i9-7980XE X-series Processor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Upvote 0

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
I still use a Windows 7 Pro. Last year I bought an Asus lap without OS and it took me much time to install Windows 7. A seller at computer store warned me about this and advised to buy a lap with a preinstalled OS ;) I didn't want to waste money for OS as I had Windows keys
When I tried to install a Windows 7 Pro it gave me an error like ,,You can't install it on GPT partition,,. I converted it into MBR. But then after installation usb ports and mouse didn't work. Find a solution in UEFI settings. It also took me a time to find Windows 7 drivers. My lap was suppled with a driver disk forWindows 8/10 drivers. Finally I could manage to install drivers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
Drivers are a big problem when attempting to install legacy operating systems on current hardware and when installing current operating systems on legacy hardware. Sadly, and once again, Microsoft often gets the blame for this but it is the hardware makers who are responsible for making compatible drivers, not Microsoft (or Linux for that matter).

And when it comes to legacy hardware, there is no financial incentive for hardware makers to spend resources (money and labor hours) developing current OS drivers because they get nothing in return. They would much rather users buy their new hardware instead. The same is true for legacy software. Developers would rather you upgrade to newer versions.

Upvote 0

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Upvote 0

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Reactions: SHvFl
Upvote 0

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Mr Phoenix claims Defender is heaviest but for me Defender is the least resource intensive that's why I use Custom OS using NTLite. I noticed couple of slowdowns w/ Defender on fresh install, a remedy I found is to install all your apps and tweak windows afterwards simply run a full scan and no hiccups whatsoever. It took just 15 mins to scan my OS drive and DATA drive.
Guys again this i need help to find a motherboard not about windows 10,if this keep this up i will get the mods.

Upvote 0

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
nsm- just ask Professor Google for Asrock MB's that support the X299 chipset (socket 2066) like this one:

ASRock > X299 Taichi

The OS used does not come into play as Intel has already released drivers for Win 7 and up.

Oh yeah- and while you are at it, ask the old Professor about Asrock and Bent Pins.

Reactions: Vasudev
Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Stay on topic or further off topic replies will be deleted and the poster reply banned from the thread.Thanks

Upvote 0

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
I need to know what PC motherboards from Asrock work with Windows 7 and supports the new CPUs from intel in this case Intel® Core™ i9-7980XE X-series Processor.
Hello,
Just ask it from Intel® Support or their community because they know how their products work... but here most of the ppl don't know or give you the wrong info :p
Forum: Support Community |Intel Communities

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.