Abdallah El-Alfy Security Configuration

Abdallah El-Alfy

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 19, 2016
How many firewalls you use ? Because maybe I misunderstood but you wrote Windows firewall and under avast again firewall

And passwords ? You Password manager ? What ?

I read avg tune up is useless

Thank you for sharing :)
sorry i just copied the avast option, but firewall and sandbox is not active in avast, and i have no password manager, i just remember my passwords

really?? avg tuneup is useless? so what u recommend for me then

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Abdallah El-Alfy Software Updater (Automatic updates) are not available in Avast Free.

Quote from Avast Forum:

The update process itself depends on the product type you own:
  • In Avast Free Antivirus you are usually notified by a toaster. An adaptive system makes sure you receive them regularly in case you really use (click) them. In case you ignore them they'll slowly disappear. You have to update the software then directly from the UI.
  • In Avast Internet Security and Avast Pro Antivirus usually notified by the same toaster system like in Free. The difference is that you'll not see any ads and you do not have to wait for the downloads to finish as Software Updater will download the updates automatically before it notifies you.
  • Fully automatic and silent updates are available in Avast Premier only but you have to manually activate them once, otherwise Premier will work the same like Internet Security or Pro. Activating them is something I would (personally) absolutely recommend from a security perspective: no need to worry about latest software anymore - Software Update will do it fully automatically in the background!
does software updater check automatically?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Malware problem in the last 3 months? You have a good config,how did this happen? If you don't mind sharing.
Do you have SmartScreen enabled? I like to enable it even if I don't really need it.
Replace ABD+ with uBlock Origin in Chrome
Replace AVG Tuneup with CCleaner or Privazer as either one of these are more than enough and other tweaks can be accomplished manually.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Daniel Hidalgo

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
Good configuration would not be too many to install in your browser HTTPS Everywhere.
Thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: JM Safe and XIII

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
How many firewalls you use ? Because maybe I misunderstood but you wrote Windows firewall and under avast again firewall

And passwords ? You Password manager ? What ?

I read avg tune up is useless

Thank you for sharing :)
AVG pc tuneup is a waste of Money if you ask me. The only useful feature is program deactivator and turbo mode. the rest is junk / bloat. also that zen console is more than annoying!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.