Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Some people here in the forum say that the 2015 version of kaspersky products is not as good as previous versions used to be.
Where is this based on? Tests/reviews,users experience?
Talk about it xD
I am curious as all versions of kaspersky were good relatively to their alternatives despite being more or less resource heavy.

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
if u have the right settings, i would call it the "best"(most complete) security suit around the markt. if i would pay for a suit i would only pay for kaspersky. good detection rate, realy good firewall and nice proactive futures in the right hands.

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
Regarding Kaspersky I would always prefer KIS. KAV doesn't have the HIPS, which is very powerful and among the very best in the market. Further Kaspersky products have additional proactive features which the competition either doesn't have or has just started implementing, so they are not as refined yet. If you take all of its components combined, KIS is the strongest package on the market today in my opinion (along with Norton) and its no longer as heavy as many people say it is. I guess a lot of folks haven't tried it in a long time.

Reactions: Nikos751

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Regarding Kaspersky I would always prefer KIS. KAV doesn't have the HIPS, which is very powerful and among the very best in the market. Further Kaspersky products have additional proactive features which the competition either doesn't have or has just started implementing, so they are not as refined yet. If you take all of its components combined, KIS is the strongest package on the market today in my opinion (along with Norton) and its no longer as heavy as many people say it is. I guess a lot of folks haven't tried it in a long time.
Yes KIS 2015 is light in general, I ve used it.
I still wait to see whats bad about the new version xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.