Acer: It's time to own up to your lemons and fix your lousy support

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Acer and its Gateway division refuses to do anything for its customers when it foists lemons upon them.

Read the full story here :D

ghost

Level 1
Jan 16, 2011
Nice info. I was asked today by a friend if he should buy this Laptop and i did like the configuration but now i'm having second thoughts.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
nice price I must say; 600-800euro is good for that Nvida. I would even though see if I can get my hands on a i5 with TH integrated.

ghost

Level 1
Jan 16, 2011
I can't find the difference between eMachines and Aspire models...:dodgy:

ghost

Level 1
Jan 16, 2011
Thanks! I found them on that site a little bit more expensive then Aspire models...:lol:

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Sounds like, after reading reviews, that people like Toshiba and Lenovo and some others better. Which are your favorite brands?

I currently use a Dell laptop...works okay.

Mark

Apr 22, 2011
I will consider adding Acer to my boycott list, along with Sony and Dell. I got my first personal computer this Christmas and it is an Acer.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Acer Aspire AX1800 user here, Only ever had to contact Acer support once (3 years ago) to come fix my first virus infection, they came out fast and fixed it quick.. for a price.
Since then now that I'm an advanced user I no longer need Acer "support" so really I can't say or know how they are now.
They did take a 1 month and a half to send me out my factory ordered PC tho.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Dieselman said:
Honestly speaking................Why would any of us in here need to call tech support.

I call ISP tech support so they'll fix my line (or replace my router), and sometimes other company tech support, because there is a chance they'll give me a replacement. :p Other than hoping for replacements, there isn't much reason for calling most tech hotlines.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Agree LaserWraith same also when experience problem just called in ISP for fixing the internet other than none.

Mark

Apr 22, 2011
ballader1, it is an Acer Aspire TimelineX 4820T and there have been no problems yet.

Ibrad

Apr 29, 2011
I remember when my Aunt needed to contact Acer because of an internet problem. Since she would not let me fix it they told her that because one site would not load she needed to reformat the whole computer because of a virus. Gladly I talked her out of that and finally fixed it, I can't remembe what the issue was because it was a few years ago.

I have always had good experience with Dell. Once before I got way into computers the memory fell loose inside the computer and the PC would BSOD whenever I would try to turn it on. We sent an email in and in one day they told us that they memory was most likely loose and to remove the memory and then put it back in, and it worked great.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.