User Review Acronis True Image Home 2012

Discussion in 'Technology Reviews' started by Umbra, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umbra

Umbra Moderator
    Staff Member

Windows 10
    AV:
    Default-Deny
    The boot time launching is my favorite feature, no need USB or DVD. if the system dont boot just press F11 and it launch the winPe mode. then you can browse to the image and restore it.

i also like the light image created and the speed of the backup,

Link: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/index.v2.html

features: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/online-backup/

2. moonshine

moonshine Level 6

Windows 10
    AV:
    ESET
    RE: Acronis True Image 2012

Informative review right there umbrapolaris! Keep it up.

3. NathanF1

NathanF1 Level 2

Thanks for the review, Umbra!

Some of my likes and dislikes:

Pros
    • Time Line - the timeline of your software installations and Windows updates relative to the images available for restore.
      [attachment=934]
    • Ability to convert Acronis backups to Windows backups and vice versa. I especially appreciate the ability to add the VHDs to the boot menu [Windows 7 Edition dependent and using an additional bootloader tool].
    • Acronis Secure Zone

Cons
    • Plus Pack is required for dynamic/GPT disk support, Universal Restore [ability to restore to a different hardware configuration] and the Acronis WinPE ISO builder.
    • The full installer is downloaded during an update process.
    • As convenient as the support for Zip format is, it does not provide password protection and encryption.
    • No Freeware Edition

As you already mentioned, the speed of imaging [and restoring especially] is really good, it is considerably faster than Macrium, for example. I have the Compression Level set to High and Priority to Normal. I'm mostly using the version chain scheme.

Attached Files:

4. Umbra

Umbra Moderator
    Staff Member

Windows 10
    AV:
    Default-Deny
    Good additions, Nathan, all those you cited are very true.

5. Plexx

Plexx Guest

I have used Acronis True Image 2012 and reverted to 2011 before reverting to Paragon.

The reason I reverted from 2012 to 2011 was because there were 3 bugs that weren't fixed on the latest built.

These are:
    **The disk recovery options saved as default are not kept after reboot (not much of a problem but yes it is annoying);

**Queued backup tasks run in a random order and not in the order in which they were queued (it is quite annoying);

**Acronis True Image Home 2012 may prevent a USB flash drive from being properly detected under Windows. A fix will be available soon. (I have experienced this bug everytime)

Other threads that you may like Forum Date
On Sale! Acronis True Image Subscription - 1 Computer, 2 Years Hot Deals and Discounts Jun 2, 2017
On Sale! Acronis True Image Premium 1 Year Subscription - 1 Computer Includes 1 TB Cloud Storage $ 19.99 Hot Deals and Discounts May 24, 2017
Update Acronis True Image 2017 Against Ransomware - Receives Gold Award Backup, Sync and Encryption Jan 20, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.