Expired Ad-Aware Web Companion PRO for FREE

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Ashampoo_Snap_2015.08.05_09h51m12s_001_Chrome Legacy Window.jpg

http://webcompanion.com/proforfree

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Just ran a test of it on Test Machine and take note:
Be very careful with this if you use webroot extensions or Adguard.
It disables Adguard in IE and Firefox.
It also disables webroot browser extensions in IE.
EDIT: for sure Webroots Password manager was gone, I killed the process before I noticed if "all" of the other webroot extensions were intact. Just wanted to clarify.

Still going to keep this "just incase"
Nice share. Thank you

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I posted the adverse interaction it had with webroot over on the Webroot beta forums.
I bet tomorrow they are flooded with support requests from webroot users that found the promo, i would have been guilty of general douchebaggery if I didnt drop in and give Webroot a heads up :p

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I got this at the company website. I don't know if it's a lifetime license or not even after checking through the folder in Program Files.

I hope people continue reporting on any incompatibilities they discover.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
At SharewareOnSale it says:

• This is a 1-computer lifetime license, for commercial or noncommercial use
  • You get free updates
  • No free tech support

I think it is safe to assume that the terms are the same for those of us who got it from the company website.

I found this at the product's FAQ page (http://webcompanion.com/faq?utm_sou...medium=wc-installer&utm_campaign=wc-installer):

Web Companion is only compatible with Internet Explorer and Firefox. The Web Companion team is currently working on a solution that will be independent of the browser application, at which point support for virtually all versions of all browsers will be provided.

Taking it off autostart and putting it in storage till they come out with the new improved version.

Wait a minute. Pardon me, folks. Another item from FAQ:

. What browsers does Ad-Aware Web Companion support?
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox

Other browsers can still benefit from the Malicious URL Web Protection, but unfortunately cannot be protected from homepage and/or search hijacking.

To me, the URL protection is a lot more important than the other two items. I switch my search engine all the time, so "protection" can actually be a nuisance there.

Last edited by a moderator:

vags

Level 1
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
Just ran a test of it on Test Machine and take note:
Be very careful with this if you use webroot extensions or Adguard.
It disables Adguard in IE and Firefox.
It also disables webroot browser extensions in IE.
EDIT: for sure Webroots Password manager was gone, I killed the process before I noticed if "all" of the other webroot extensions were intact. Just wanted to clarify.

Still going to keep this "just incase"
Nice share. Thank you

Also i found this companion etc delays my antivirus to start. I am using win 10 with Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks to @Pupkin for the URL

Ad-Aware Web Companion pro

This method involves installing PDFCreator Free by PDFForge.org software and changing your default search engine to Bing.com. If you are uneasy or unsure about the procedure posted below, please do not continue.

Visit PDFForge.org and head over to their Downloads page.

Download: pdfforge | PDFCreator - Download for free, download pdf printer, pdf writer, pdf maker

VirusTotal report for PDFCreator-2_3_1-Setup.exe

Chrome user may see this screen, click on SKIP to avoid Ad-Aware Search Helper
upload_2016-7-7_14-30-21.png

Post-install: Web Companion - Optional Free Security Offer

[x] Get Web Companion PRO for FREE by using a sponsored search engine.
Set Bing.com by Microsoft as my homepage, new tabs and default search engine on Internet Explorer and Firefox.​
VirtualBox_Windows 8.1_07_07_2016_13_55_01.png

Important: Your default homepage, new tabs and search engine in IE and FF will be changed if you Agree to continue.

Ad-Aware Web Companion PRO is now available for FREE using the sponsored search engine.

VirtualBox_Windows 8.1_07_07_2016_13_58_01.png VirtualBox_Windows 8.1_07_07_2016_14_17_15.png

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Thanks Huracan,
not a big fan of Ad Aware but I will give this a look :)
PeAcE

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.