AdBlock Extension has been Sold to an 'Unknown Buyer'

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sinu

Thread author
Shocking!
Adblock Extension that blocks annoying online advertising has been sold...
...And more shocking, the most popular "Adblock Extension", with more than 40 million users, quietly sold their creation to an unknown buyer...
Michael Gundlach', the creator widely used Adblock Extension refuses to disclose the name, who purchased his company and how much it was sold for, just because buyer wishes to remain anonymous.
After watching a popup message (as shown) on their browsers this week, the Adblock users are literally going crazy.
"I am selling my company, and the buyer is turning on Acceptable Ads," Gundlach said.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
No big deal... there will be an AdBlock replacement because there is great demand for it.

Screw dem dahr "accepteeble ads"...

Phooey...

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Again another adblocker that is ruined.

Willams

Level 2
Verified
Jan 14, 2015
In this case, I will use the uBlock , bye AdBlock. Anyone know the difference between uBlock and uBlock Origin? What do I use?

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
In this case, I will use the uBlock , bye AdBlock. Anyone know the difference between uBlock and uBlock Origin? What do I use?
Ublock Origin is the official orginal extension developed by the author who created it. Ublock is a remake of the original extension, maintained by someone else.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Sometimes the developer issues on ownership may binds to affect the overall program effectiveness as it connects the possible downfall.

Reactions: Willams
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.