adblock for chrome

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I am subscribed to the malware domains list and I was testing to see if I could connect to some of the domains and some I can connect to and others my link scanners will block them, has anyone had this issue?

5qv4N.jpg

Nikos

Jul 19, 2012
i ditches ADP and start5ed using Nimi Cleanser, its heuristic based. You should try it.

P

Plexx

Nimi Cleanser, heard of that before. how good is it? Care to give us an overview?

Nikos

Jul 19, 2012
Biozfear said:
Nimi Cleanser, heard of that before. how good is it? Care to give us an overview?

Well, iam testing it myself and it seems pretty good.

The big disadvanatge that it has is that its heuristic based opposed to ADP which uses the updated filter list which need updating all the time and check each website we visit against that list to block ads.

I find it faster while ADP slowed down my browser a bit and AD even more.

I was seeing in my crhoems status bar "Waiting for ADB to check" and that got me suspsicious that ADP was slowing the browsing experience since it checked each website againts all list i had it to check.

Nimi Cleanser doesnt block everything but its fastr.

Sol its NortonDNS Servers(B Level) + Nimi Cleanser + Web Filter Pro for me :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.