AdBlock Gold Edition: Has anyone tried this as yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...gg?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog

AdBlock Gold Edition

zglXwXo.png

Alternative, lighter take on the famous adBlock extention
AdBlock Gold Edition will block all advertisements on all web pages you visit automatically (including youtube, facebook, google and millions more). The Gold Edition is an alternate take on the popular adBlock standard edition and uses many of new technologies to block advertisements and popups, while not sacrificing performance and resources of your PC. This makes it the ultimate solution for ad blocking.
Used under GPLv3 from uBlock.

Report Abuse

Version: 0.8.6.4
Updated: 19 February 2015
Size: 3.46MB
Languages: See all 33

Last edited by a moderator:

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
No, why bother, Google are paying them not to block their ads....

This is the case with Adblock Plus how ever all it takes is unchecking one box that allows "Acceptable Ads" to be displayed.

There is also a fork of Adblock Plus called Adblock Edge that has "Acceptable Ads" taken out.

With µBlock there are no ads allowed to display, correct me if I'm wrong. Not unless you manually added a list to do so.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
uBlock for both FF & Chrome for me. Very good & very light.Until uBlock gives me a reason to change(as ABD did) I will stick with it.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well seems those fork are already existing these days, but if we will compare them its just subscription filter base varies so I will go from known source of concept for adblocker. ;)

Reactions: Terry Ganzi
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.