Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows Defender Shill

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2017
"This adblocker is a fork of the Adblock Plus and uBlock Origin, a community-driven project with hundreds of volunteers making sure that all ads are automatically blocked. The code is open source and used under GPL. Significant portion of the code was rewritten to make this extension faster, efficient and far more reliable. We also REMOVED any tracking code for your privacy."

Never heard of it until tonight

Very sleek interface compared to Ublock and it really might be faster.

To me Ublock is the standard, but I'm gonna give this one a shot.

Curious if anyone else has tried it and what they think.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
fyi Yandex is also fine with it, grabbing it from the Chrome extension store.
I don't know how they're doing it, but both Opera and Chrome extensions are supported by default, but i guess Opera is Chromium based so makes sense.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Gonna take it for a spin. Disabled uBlock and installed it, first impression the interface is the same but I feel nicer to look at. Doesn't seem to have any different of an impact on the browser compared to uBlock. Only thing I don't quite like is the block page is a bit dark and harder to read (attached a screenshot). Will continue to use it for now.

Attachments

• block page.png
    block page.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,300

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
fyi Yandex is also fine with it, grabbing it from the Chrome extension store.
I don't know how they're doing it, but both Opera and Chrome extensions are supported by default, but i guess Opera is Chromium based so makes sense.
Both Opera and Chrome extensions are same. Atleast some are. In the past when Chrome allowed to install extension from outside the store, I renamed Opera's extension from .nex to .crx and it worked fine on Chrome. :D

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Both Opera and Chrome extensions are same. Atleast some are. In the past when Chrome allowed to install extension from outside the store, I renamed Opera's extension from .nex to .crx and it worked fine on Chrome. :D
yea since Opera is Chromium based, figured, still neat.

Reactions: Deletedmessiah
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.