Adblocking Exercise #2 - See If Your Adblocker Will Block The Banner Ad

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Adblocking Exercise #2 - See If Your Adblocker Will Block The Banner Ad at the top of the page.
If it will, tell us what adblocker you are using and what filter(s) you are running.
Have fun!

www.drudgereport.com

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Hello,
with Chromium+ublock0:

The page:
Capture.PNG
The rules:
Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG

The log:
Capture3.PNG

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
AdGuard now blocks the banner. They didn't at first block the ad, but after a couple of hours, AdGuard adjusted their filtering to block all ads on that website.
This seems to be some sort of script based advert blocked by NoScript, SafeScript.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Didn't see any Warnings or Ads.

Browser: Microsoft Edge (Creators Update) 40.15063.0.0
Extension: AdBlock Plus (EasyList)
View attachment 154687
Sorry for going off topic. Can't reply to your profile because of restrictions. You may remove this message after I become clear on things. Couldn't reply because the thread got locked before I posted my message on Samsung spy allegation article. I wasn't fully clear even with the article you linked but not that the thread is locked, was that article just a click bait or something by using technical words regular readers can't understand? One difference I found with both articles was that Samsung way of using beacon identify your IP address while web services doesn't. Am I getting it right?

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Sorry for going off topic. Can't reply to your profile because of restrictions. You may remove this message after I become clear on things. Couldn't reply because the thread got locked before I posted my message on Samsung spy allegation article. I wasn't fully clear even with the article you linked but not that the thread is locked, was that article just a click bait or something by using technical words regular readers can't understand? One difference I found with both articles was that Samsung way of using beacon identify your IP address while web services doesn't. Am I getting it right?
That article was quoting work done by The Open Rights Group. Several websites are now reporting on this that are legit tech websites.
Samsung 'Peeping Tom' Smartphones Listen, Watch, Scan Emails

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.