Add custom virus definition to ClamWin

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheSuperGeek

Thread author
I use ClamWin as 2nd line of defence with ClamSentinel and I want to know how to add custom virus définitions because I found definitions on SecuriteInfo.com .
Thanks.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I use ClamWin as 2nd line of defence with ClamSentinel and I want to know how to add custom virus définitions because I found definitions on SecuriteInfo.com .
Thanks.
Now.. that's an unusual question... Had the interest to actually search for this on the Internet...
And here is what I found:

Where can I manually download virus definition files from?
You can get the virus definitions without clamwin via
Code:
http://database.clamav.net/main.cvd
http://database.clamav.net/daily.cvd

Then copy the downloaded main.cvd and daily.cvd to your database location which is specified in the ClamWin Preferences, File Locations tab. The default database location is: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\.clamwin\db"

Downloading free virus definition updates

And it seems that Add 1.000.000 signatures to Clamav antivirus ... is compatible with ClamAV...and they are offering additional signatures ... So just subscribe to the Basic plan, download their .cvd...and copy to the above location...

1.jpg

Now, the real question... what on earth are you doing? It's 2015...not 2003.... why would you want to go through all this process ...daily? And why are you using ClamWin... ???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.