Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
We have released significant update of Adguard browser extensions for Chrome, Opera, Firefox and Yandex.Browser.

extension_settings.png

At first sight the list of changes seems not very large:

• Improved integration with Adguard for Windows and Mac
  • Accelerated filtering
  • Fixed some minor defects
The most important change is in the first paragraph. Now, if you are using a Windows-version of Adguard, our browser extension can be a very useful addition for you – it will completely replace the browser-based module “Adguard Assistant”.

Website filtering control
With the extension, you can manage filtering of websites, and if necessary disable or enable it.

integration_main_view_1.png
integration_main_view_2.png

Element blocking on web pages
Feature Block ad on this website is integrated with Adguard for Windows, and adds new rule to user filter of the program.

Where can I get the latest version of Adguard extension?
Adguard for Google Chrome
Adguard for Firefox
Adguard for Opera

Source

S

Sr. Normal

Recently, I discovered ublock and I really like it.

Do you think that Adguard does a better job ?.

Thank You

BIgD1

Level 3
Verified
Oct 25, 2014
Installed it to give it a whirl. Noticed right off the bat that the extension will not filter the Google home page domain, and the green check mark will be off. Just mouse over the Adguard icon when on Google home page. Why did they do this? I will not use it period.

Reactions: Sr. Normal

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I noticed that it wasn't blocking Ads on Youtube.com on one of the others computers, even with these custom settings. I considered uBlock, but yet for the simplified AdBlock for Chrome. I see promotion in their extension for other platforms.

oneeye

Level 4
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
We have released significant update of Adguard browser extensions for Chrome, Opera, Firefox and Yandex.Browser.

extension_settings.png

At first sight the list of changes seems not very large:

• Improved integration with Adguard for Windows and Mac
  • Accelerated filtering
  • Fixed some minor defects
The most important change is in the first paragraph. Now, if you are using a Windows-version of Adguard, our browser extension can be a very useful addition for you – it will completely replace the browser-based module “Adguard Assistant”.

Website filtering control
With the extension, you can manage filtering of websites, and if necessary disable or enable it.

integration_main_view_1.png
integration_main_view_2.png

Element blocking on web pages
Feature Block ad on this website is integrated with Adguard for Windows, and adds new rule to user filter of the program.

Where can I get the latest version of Adguard extension?
Adguard for Google Chrome
Adguard for Firefox
Adguard for Opera

Source

Greetings,

I installed the add-on for Firefox android browser just today. And so far it is working just fine. I particularly like the fact that you can get a security report for each website you are on. I had tried the Android app just after they were booted from playstore. And it worked great for chrome. Thanks for this thead,and Adgaurds website has a lot more information now. They are really working hard. I will be sure to pass along the good news.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
In this release, AdGuard browser extension receives a boost to its ad blocking power: several new modifiers are now supported, scriptlets have been enhanced.
Personally I'm curious if the reported lesser browser speed compared to uBlock Origin is solved or better now.
Testing it right now on Microsoft Edge Version 78.0.276.20 (Officiële build) (64-bits).

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

I guess the lesser browser speed is when people activate lot of filters and all the stealth features.

Reactions: Venustus

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
In-depth features review: AdGuard Browser extension:
As you know, AdGuard provides a range of software products that block ads and trackers on different platforms. One of the most popular AdGuard products is a free extension that is accessible for almost every browser. Although it cannot be compared with our full-featured desktop programs (AdGuard for Windows and AdGuard for Mac), we have specially made such a product so that basic and the most sufficient ad blocking features were available to everyone.

If you want to protect yourself online and fight ads and trackers in your browser quickly, reliably and without additional downloads and spending money, then AdGuard browser extension is exactly what you need, and in this article we’ll reveal to you all its features and useful options.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
This means that their browser add-on can replace a Adblocker like uBlock Origin & ClearURLs.
For most of the part. For ad-blocking? Yes.
Adguard does not have a mode to block 3rd party scripts and frames for example (can do so with custom rules). Also, uBlock has an interactive popup enabling quick whitelisting/blacklisting such elements. However, Adguard has a few more privacy options than uBlock Origin.
OK, you guys have convinced me to try it in Edge! :cool:
Me too, for a re-spin 😄

Can any user comment on the effect of Adguard Desktop on the page loading speed (Adguard claims it to be faster due to early blocking of elements) and overall impact on system when browsing? Thanks.

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
For most of the part. For ad-blocking? Yes.
Adguard does not have a mode to block 3rd party scripts and frames for example (can do so with custom rules). Also, uBlock has an interactive popup enabling quick whitelisting/blacklisting such elements. However, Adguard has a few more privacy options than uBlock Origin.
I'm guessing that he may meant "Adguard Stealth Mode" => "Remove tracking parameters"

tr.png

Can any user comment on the effect of Adguard Desktop on the page loading speed (Adguard claims it to be faster due to early blocking of elements) and overall impact on system when browsing? Thanks.
Of course, Adguard Desktop has impact of your browsing but it depends on things like:
HTTPS scanning by your AV/IS, how fast is your internet connection by your ISP or even more by VPN

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.