Well-known
Apr 17, 2020

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Anyway, here's a gif to show how it is on my system.
View attachment 237630

Noticed a delay upon visiting the 'The Verge' with:
  • Chromium-Edge with Ghostery extension
  • Chrome for Android with Adguard DNS - @SeriousHoax does the fix apply to their DNS?
However, there is no delay using an InPrivate tab on Chromium-Edge with Strict Anti-Tracking.

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Noticed a delay upon visiting the 'The Verge' with:
  • Chromium-Edge with Ghostery extension
  • Chrome for Android with Adguard DNS - @SeriousHoax does the fix apply to their DNS?
However, there is no delay using an InPrivate tab on Chromium-Edge with Strict Anti-Tracking.
The issue was related to google tag manager script that Adguard filters was having trouble blocking on that page. This is not DNS related and since DNS can't block scripts and googletagmanager(.)com the domain is not present in Adguard DNS, you're having the issue. Something like EasyList filter didn't have this issue. Edge with strict anti-tracking probably blocks googletagmanager so the page is loading fast for you there.

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
Just wanted to share my experience with AdGuard customer support. I had an issue with a false positive on a retail site using their Chrome browser extension so I submitted a support request yesterday, and today (on Saturday) I received a response thanking me for reporting it and that they have removed the domain from their lists. That's excellent customer service and thought it should be recognized, particularly for a free product.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

AdGuard browser extension got a update to 3.5.12:
Changelog
  • [Enhancement] Integration mode has been removed
  • [Enhancement] Filters metadata has been updated
  • [Enhancement] Scriptlets have been updated to v1.3
  • [Enhancement] Improved google-analytics and googlesyndication-adsbygoogle support #67, #91
  • [Enhancement] Added :upward support #102
  • [Enhancement] Added :remove() support #108
  • [Enhancement] Changed restrictions for CSS injection rules with \ character #1614
  • [Enhancement] All requests initiated by the browser extension have been sanitized #1647
  • [Enhancement] Changed the way Safebrowsing lookup API works #1648
  • [Fixed] Error with set-constant caused by non-existent chain property
  • [Fixed] adguard.configure callback does not apply rules #1607
  • [Fixed] Some requests blocking rules don't work correctly #1620
  • [Fixed] Cosmetic rules can be used as CSS rules #1624
  • [Fixed] Triggered scriptlet rules without domain restrictions are not displayed in filtering log #1637
  • [Fixed] Infinite pending request status on some web pages #1644
  • [Fixed] AdGuard v3.5 is not working on Firefox v54 and below #1674
  • [Other] Thai localization has been added #1590

cryogent

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Is user rules created in Adguard browser extension compatible with AdGuard Desktop?
I have some rules added from MT forum (thanks to those who shared them)
and i want to import them on Adguard desktop.

Reactions: Protomartyr

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
A small but important release. We’ve added a new pseudo-class :is() and upgraded extended CSS to v1.3.8. :is() is a CSS pseudo-class function that comes in handy for writing large selector lists more compactly. Now AdGuard AdBlocker extension supports this functionality.

How to install stable:​

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
It's been a while since we published a blog post about the AdGuard Browser Extension release. But no worries, we're still developing it, as you can see by checking our Github repo. In this post, we'll tell you what's changed in the version 3.6.

In addition to "Do-Not-Track", another signal appeared in the Stealth Mode settings — "Global Privacy Control". These signals are sent to the websites you are visiting not to track you. Besides, we've added support for the $removeparam modifier and AdGuard URL Tracking filter that removes tracking parameters from page URLs — this filter is already in AdGuard for Windows and Mac, and now it's time to add it in AdGuard Browser Extension, too. Finally, we've updated scriptlets, redirects and extended CSS.

Global Privacy Control signal
Global Privacy Control (GPC) is a signal transmitted over HTTP. It sends a request to the websites or services visited by the user not to sell or share their (user's) personal data with third parties.

Why GPC appeared and why it is necessary
As you probably know, many companies abuse their capabilities: they violate users' privacy by collecting, analyzing and selling their data, or share it with third parties. And while there are legal frameworks that allow users to demand privacy protection, doing so is inconvenient and impractical — the user has to reassert their position at each visited website: reject cookie notices or ask a website/app not to track.

California Attorney General's Final Statement:
Given the ease and frequency by which personal information is collected and sold when a consumer visits a website, consumers should have a similarly easy ability to request to opt-out globally.

By enabling the GPC signal, you inform the websites of your privacy preferences. For instance, whether you want your personal information to be sold or shared (we have no doubt that you don't). Your browser sends signals to the websites you visit, and the ones that support GPC will respect your right to privacy. GPC is supported by many organizations, AdGuard included. You can see some of them on the official Global Privacy Control website.

GPC will soon be added to other AdGuard products with Stealth Mode.

AdGuard URL Tracking filter
Not so long ago we told about the new AdGuard URL Tracking filter, explaining what tracking parameters are, how they are used, and why they should be removed, but we can't help but describe the filter here as well.

AdGuard URL Tracking filter has incorporated all the most popular tracking parameters. The best part about it is that you can now remove tracking parameters simply by turning this filter on. Before it was created, there was a problem with the list of parameters: they were embedded into the program, and it wasn't easy to add new parameters to it. By creating the URL Tracking filter, we opened the door for its regular updating and augmenting, and we intend to augment it as actively as we do with the other filters.

By adding $removeparam modifier support, we managed to get rid of the former "Remove Tracking Parameters" setting and replace it with a new one that includes our URL Tracking Filter. This ensures that you'll always be using the most up-to-date database of tracking parameters, thanks to the standard filter update mechanism.

You are now familiar with the latest changes to the AdGuard Browser Extension. As always, we'd love to hear your impressions of the new version, please tell us if everything works well or what you especially like. Or maybe you'd like a new feature to be added in the extension? Any feedback is welcome, moreover, it helps us make our products better. So, waiting for your reviews :)

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Global Privacy Control signal
This is a huge disadvantage and not only provide false sense of privacy but also unique fingerprint.
If mainstream browser doesn't get DNT to an successful level, how should an extension with hidden setting archive that?

Jester

Level 1
Sep 21, 2017
I am encountering a strange problem with my mail accounts and i think it has to do with Adguard add-on. When i use my yahoo mail, after i log off i always get a message that The page isn't redirecting properly. Sometimes i get the same message when i even try to log in. And the mystery goes on... i get the same message on Gmail, i was sent my bike insurance renewal and when i tried to open the link attached, i got the same annoying message again.... The page isn't redirecting properly. The problem appears on all browsers i use, Edge, Firefox and Opera.

For a strange reason, i was pretty sure that it had to do with AdGuard, i turned it off and everything worked like a charm, turned on, same problem and message. Any ideas?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
AdGuard Browser extension version 3.6.16 released November 25, 2021
We considered the latest update to be the last before the big 4.0 release. Well, we were wrong. Here is the last one (hopefully): some minor changes and scriptlets updates. Soon you all will become witness to something really epic!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
AdGuard browser extension 4.0.64 beta pre-release:

Meet AdGuard Browser Extension v4.0! It’s not a mere update, but a major release that delivers a pack of new features to the users of the extension.

Code refactoring and new filtering engine​

Refactoring has become sort of a buzzword that implies massive code rewriting, which we did to complicate our lives and make it easier in the long run. Besides, we added support for TSUrlFilter, our new filtering platform that implements AdGuard content blocking rules.

TSUrlFilter is a filtering engine. In AdGuard apps, its role is performed by CoreLibs, and if happen to read release notes, you must have heard about it more than once. TSUrlFilter is a rule application module that will be used in various projects, including AdGuard DNS.

Responsive design​

We switched to responsive (or adaptive) design. That is to say, that interface elements will adapt to screen size both on desktop and mobile devices, redardless of the model.

This is convenient both for us, because we don't need to develop separate versions of the Browser extension, and for users — it's always nice when an app (or a browser extension, in the case given) looks good.

Redesign and new Filtering log​

Now the filtering log not only сomplies with the principles of the responsive web design, its overall appearance has changed significantly. If you used the former filtering log, you'll be able to tell the difference: the new version presents searching in tabs, many new request statuses and filters that facilitate finding the needed requests. New filters and statuses are highlighted, and and tooltips explaining each one pop up when hovering a cursor over them. Apart from that, you can preview requests and format them in the same dialog — clicking the "Beautify" button makes it easier to read these requests.

The editor in the User rules section can now be opened in fullscreen mode, which makes working adding, editing, and deleting filter rules much more convenient. Finally, there is a new action on the AdGuard Browser Extension popup that allows to reset all the user rules for the currently opened website in one fell swoop.

Besides, now the AdGuard Browser Extension features dark theme that everybody loves so much.

Support for new modifiers after switching to TypeScript​

"Still don't get what makes TSUrlFilter better than the previous filtering engine?" the most curious may ask. Probably, the main advantage is te new modifiers: $removeheader, $redirect-rule, $ping, $path, $noop, and $denyallow. And the $redirect modifier has been significantly improved, so now all the $redirect rules for a website can be cancelled by applying @@||example.org^$redirect.

Apart from the above-mentioned, Hebrew and Finnish localizations were added.

This version already has a hotfix for a rather severe bug of the initial v4.0 beta build. It blocked access to web pages misreporting them as phishing ones due to Safebrowsing bug:

• [Fixed] Extension v4.0 safebrowsing cache migration issue #1890.

How to install beta:​

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.