New Update AdGuard Browser Extension - Stable Updates Thread

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
you have probably some reason for considering YouTube Premium
"Background play: If you’re on mobile, the audio from the video you’re viewing will continue to play even if you’re outside the app or your phone display is closed. On Android, you can also view videos picture-in-picture while you use other apps on your phone."

Also because I believe in YouTube.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
"Is Premium Worth It?
It depends on how often you use the service. If you frequently use the mobile app, background play and offline downloading are fantastic features to have. With so many YouTube channels now hosting long-form content, the option to listen to lengthy videos when you’re not in the app is handy. It’s great for listening while you drive or cook dinner.

If you most often watch YouTube from your desktop, the utility is definitely in the ad-blocking. Video ad revenues have been falling lately, which has led creators to put even more ads in their content. If you want to watch videos uninterrupted while still supporting those who make them, Premium is the only way to do so."

I also want to totally uninstall ad blocker in my browser.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
While I still like uBlock Origin more, because the main flyout provides more information, the cosmetic filtering of AdGuard is better.
I'm using some of AdGuard's filters in uBlock Origin, the most important being: AdGuard Base filter + EasyList (Optimized).
AdGuard Browser extension Version 4.0.141 is out of beta already. Have you tried that alone?

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Trying it right now.
Can you please let me know your input about this:
I want to get YouTube Premium.
But I also want to have adblocker, like Adguard Browser Extention V4 to block ads in other sites.

Question: How to make Adguard Broswer Extension V4, to ignore Youtube.com and not block ads in it?
Thank you.

I found it:
1648568594051.png

Last edited:

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
Has anyone noticed that filter lists are not updating on AdGuard Adblocker v4? On both Brave & Edge browsers I had to update filters manually as auto-update didn't seem to be functioning. Some lists were over a week old but updates were available. I only use AdGuard lists plus the EU US most prevalent ads & trackers list.

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Has anyone noticed that filter lists are not updating on AdGuard Adblocker v4? On both Brave & Edge browsers I had to update filters manually as auto-update didn't seem to be functioning. Some lists were over a week old but updates were available. I only use AdGuard lists plus the EU US most prevalent ads & trackers list.
There are 227 open issues at the moment, your issue could be in there:

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020

Update: Switching General -> Auto-update from 'default' to a specific time frequency (I tested hourly) seems to have resolved.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
4.0.159 beta released:
In this beta we fixed a truckload of bugs, elaborated the scrollbar design, and updated translations. This update is small but efficient and it certainly brings us closer to release.

Changelog:
[Added] color-scheme: dark; for post installation pages and scrolls #1408
[Enhancement] Scrollbar style #2010
[Fixed] CPU load increases on browser restart with open tabs
[Fixed] The text doesn’t fit in the button #2024
[Fixed] Filter description is too close to its title and info #2022
[Fixed] Sometimes $replace rules do not work and are not displayed in the filtering log #2018
[Fixed] Circle around the protection switch blinks when hovering the cursor over it #2015
[Fixed] Firefox Nightly error #2011
[Fixed] Phishing pop up is displayed on all websites #2009
[Fixed] Edge offers to translate the settings page into Russian although it's already in Russian #2005
[Updated] Chinese translation #2029

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
" AdGuard Browser extension version 4.0.161 from April 5, 2022 "
In this version we fixed a truckload of bugs, elaborated the scrollbar design, and updated translations. This update is small but efficient.

Changelog:

[Added] color-scheme: dark; for post installation pages and scrolls #1408
[Enhancement] Scrollbar style #2010
[Fixed] CPU load increases on browser restart with open tabs
[Fixed] The text doesn’t fit in the button #2024
[Fixed] Filter description is too close to its title and info #2022
[Fixed] Sometimes $replace rules do not work and are not displayed in the filtering log #2018
[Fixed] Circle around the protection switch blinks when hovering the cursor over it #2015
[Fixed] Firefox Nightly error #2011
[Fixed] Phishing pop up is displayed on all websites #2009
[Fixed] Edge offers to translate the settings page into Russian although it's already in Russian #2005
[Updated] Chinese translation #2029

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
AdGuard Browser extension version 4.0.163 from April 12, 2022
This is a minor update following the major v4.0.161 one. You probably won't know the difference but that's okay — some updates go unnoticed.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

AdGuard Browser extension 4.0.171

Release date: May 25, 2022

Review status​

• Chrome: In review
  • AMO: In review
  • Opera: Published
  • Edge: Published
As you can see from the changelog, this release cannot boast any epic changes: we have just fixed a few UI and UX related bugs. Nevertheless, every improvement is valuable because it brings AdGuard Browser extension closer to the ideal!

Changelog​

• [Enhancement] The filter log window opens with the same size, position, and state (full-screen/not full-screen) as it was when it was previously closed #1125
  • [Fixed] The filter name and its description are too close to each other #2022
  • [Fixed] The 'Preserve Log' icon becomes inactive only after double-clicking #2052

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Curious, why is AdGuard AdBlocker - Microsoft store - from Performix?
Curious, do AdGuard AdBlocker users prefer AdGuard AdBlocker - Chrome store - from adguard.com
Or, they're identical ... just different developer?
Why different developer?

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Curious, why is AdGuard AdBlocker - Microsoft store - from Performix?
Curious, do AdGuard AdBlocker users prefer AdGuard AdBlocker - Chrome store - from adguard.com
Or, they're identical ... just different developer?
Why different developer?
I guess it's probably same developer but for some reason just a different name...
There on store for Edge addons, when you hover over name Performix then it's linked to adguard.com

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I guess it's probably same developer but for some reason just a different name...
There on store for Edge addons, when you hover over name Performix then it's linked to adguard.com
According to official site changelog and GitHub the latest version is 4.0.171 but on Edge store it is, 4.0.173 :unsure:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.