Thanks but Adguard Base filter should cover YouTube ads. I saw an issue like this on Adguard's GitHub last year. Looks like they are still struggling with this.
BTW, this issue is gone. No more ads on YouTube with Adguard Extension.I tried the Adguard 4 beta today and saw an YouTube ad.
This version mainly includes UI fixes but there are also scriptlets updates and some minor improvements. In this version we've added click2load scriptlet support. This scriptlet allows to block iFrames (short for 'inline frame element') and then unblock them in one click.
- [Fixed] Page scripts won't work due to CSP: require-trusted-types-for 'script' #1923
- [Fixed] Inaccuracy in the description of the actions (User rules) #1921
- [Fixed] UI Improvement: Sliders and etc. #1912
- [Fixed] Images are broken by HTML filtering rules #1906
- [Fixed] After reset settings, default filters does not turn on afrer enabling filters groups #1902
- [Fixed] Extension adds own id in the allowlist #1901
- [Fixed] Increasing the contrast the "X" button on the dark theme #363
- [Fixed] The distance to the right and left for the buttons should be the same #1900
- [Fixed] Align the funnel on an axis of symmetry #1899
- [Fixed] Improvement of the statistics graph #1898
- [Fixed] On a light and dark themes, the text is not very visible #1895
- [Fixed] Dots in the end of settings descriptions #1892
- [Fixed] Do not convert $all to 4 rules #1879
- [Fixed] Can't block $removeparam modifier from filtering logs #1821
- [Fixed] AdGuard 4.0.64 Beta Doesn't Check Option on Reports AdGuard Page #1937
- [Fixed] The extension icon blinks when going into pause mode #1917
- [Fixed] Banner breaks when checking for filter updates #1948
- [Added] click2load scriptlet support #122
I am checking this out with Edge right now. Are you saying that we should just use the three filterlists you mentioned here with the new Adguard?@SeriousHoax
Thanks for asking me. I did some more reading on AdGuard v4. AGv4 uses a new filtering engine called TSUrlFilter. Looking at the documentation this engine can be build with Manifest3. I will install AdGuard V4 again to check the blocks out.
I can answer your second question right away, uBlockOrigin uses its own filtering engine. As far as I know Adguard is the only one with build-in rule converter for advanced ABP and uBO rules. ABP only digests ABP rules and uBO digests ABP plus uBO rules.
EDIT: I looked at the blocks, as far as I can see uBO should be able to process them also. Yes it makes sense to block them. It maybe a good idea to use AdGuard Optimized Filters (which member of MT was it who posted that AG had the best maintained large blocklists of all)
- AG base + EasyList
- AG tracking protection + EasyPrivacy
- AG Annoyances (which I always found a bit more streamlines - less website breakage than FanBoys version)
- AG URL remove parameters
menu option of uBO
No that is for people using uBlockOrigin. In AdGuard just use the UI filter menu options and enable "optimized filters" as shown in the picture below (is in Dutch, but the menu options are the same in your language)I am checking this out with Edge right now. Are you saying that we should just use the three filterlists you mentioned here with the new Adguard?
100% correct you just passed your Ninja AdBlock exam, congratulations (@Jack please add a new Ninja forum tag)@Kees1958 Can you tell me what's being blocked by Adguard Tracking Protection here on MS Edge's homepage?
Does the "navigator.getBattery" means something on the homepage trying to know users laptop battery percentage?
Apparently this rule on the tracking filter falls under the Advanced rule category of Adguard and doesn't work in uBlock Origin.
View attachment 264494
New AdGuard Browser Extension release candidate's changelog mostly consists of minor bug fixes (as it often goes with release candidates). Hopefully, this is the last stretch before finally firing off the v4.0 release.
- [Fixed] Wrong Dutch Language translation in AG popup window #1974
- [Fixed] AdGuard 4.0.108 Does Not Check Updates for Custom Filter #1972
- [Fixed] Add "box" for rule text in filtering log #1970
- [Fixed] Redirecting to the wrong page from the link #1966
- [Fixed] The page doesn't get blocked after adding a $document- type rule
- [Fixed] AdGuard API allowlist is not working on domains with www
- [Fixed] Empty file import creates empty string in the user rules
- [Fixed] navigator.globalPrivacyControl is not set in the content script
- [Fixed] Filtering log wrongly determines requests as allowlisted
- [Improvement] Make "!#if" apply to custom filter lists #1971
- [Enhancement] Adding a rule and subsequently importing a new custom rules list now keeps the added rule
How to install beta: