Adguard Desktop and cookies

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
With Adguard Desktop , MalwareTips is frequently logging out.
Without Adguard Desktop, no issues.

With Adguard Desktop, no issues on other sites.

Any one facing this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I don't use the desktop version, only the browser extension, and with that I don't have issues.
Also remember that after 30 minutes not being active you get logged out automatically, but I assume that isn't part of your issue.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I don't have that problem. I also enabled Stealth mode.

Maybe you checked "self-destructing first-party cookies". My guess is that that option is a reason for a site not to recognize you that you already visited it.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Do you use Stealth mode?
Default settings & filters here. EV certs filtering disabled.

It seems to be happening on HTTPS sites i.e no probs on WildersSecurity But MalwareTips, MyDigitalLife Forums are HTTPS & frequently logging out.

Chrome 64 Bits
Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 (HTTPS filtering disabled)
Win 10 64 Pro

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Do you have other ad/content blocker installed (e.g. uMatrix or uBlock Origin)?
No.

I have set Adguard Proxy setting to "No Proxy"...hope its not the prob?
I dont have proxy on my system And proxy setting on system too is set to "No Proxy".

I tried reinstall certs but still the prob.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I tried Adguard default proxy setting & restarted the system But still the prob.

Its working now. It seems Adguard WFP Driver & Kaspersky Internet Security is still not compatible...avatar had mentioned something like they are working on new or improved WFP Driver that will resolve the issue...dont remember now but something like this.

avatar had also mentioned something like disabling HTTPS filtering in KIS & keeping WFP Adguard enabled should not have probs...I have HTTPS filtering KIS disabled & kept Adguard WFP enabled But faced this logging out prob.

UPDATE - Ok it seems no compatibility issues between KIS & Adguard WFP Coz as soon as typed this reply & clicked post, got logged out, logged in again & tried post & got logged out again, exited Adguard & logged in & posted fine.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I tried Adguard default proxy setting & restarted the system But still the prob.

Its working now. It seems Adguard WFP Driver & Kaspersky Internet Security is still not compatible...avatar had mentioned something like they are working on new or improved WFP Driver that will resolve the issue...dont remember now but something like this.

avatar had also mentioned something like disabling HTTPS filtering in KIS & keeping WFP Adguard enabled should not have probs...I have HTTPS filtering KIS disabled & kept Adguard WFP enabled But faced this logging out prob.
When I was using both Adguard and KIS 2017 (disabled SSL protection), I experienced losing internet connectivity, which would only come back after system restart. Even when WFP is disabled in Adguard, I would still experience it. It was only when I uninstalled Adguard that I didn't experience losing internet connectivity.

I hope the supposed "fix" by Adguard team will be released early to mid next year.

What I'm not sure is why Adguard team doesn't make WFP compatibility a priority. It's several months already since incompatibility with other AVs is reported. But all they say is that there is planned fix, but it will not be implemented immediately. For me, they should have made it a priority given that Adguard is paired with AVs that have their own WFP or network implementation.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015

UPDATE - Ok it seems no compatibility issues between KIS & Adguard WFP Coz as soon as typed this reply & clicked post, got logged out, logged in again & tried post & got logged out again, exited Adguard & logged in & posted fine.
i have adguard installed and have not faced any issues. I use its stock default settings.

most likely something you tweaked somewhere is causing compatibility issues/side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.