New Update Adguard for Edge is now available on Windows Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
It's happening! Good news for Edge users, you can now install our extension and use your new favorite browser ad-free.

Last year Microsoft introduced support for third-party extensions in its newcomer, the Edge browser. We have been waiting for that moment, so we immediately started to develop extension specifically for the new browser. Finally, we are pleased to introduce you the Adguard for Edge, which is already available on Windows Store.

Restrictions
  • Adguard won't work in InPrivate, as this mode doesn't yet support third-party extensions.
  • Extension does not support the integration mode. This means that it won't work alongside with the full-fledged Adguard program.
We want to thank Microsoft for making it possible to provide Edge users with Adguard protection! Particularly we want to thank the Edge team, it was great and easy to work with them. They provided us an invaluable assistance, responding quickly to changes during development. We call on all developers to follow us and create more cool extensions for Windows Store!

So here we are on Windows Store. Currently, only a few extensions authorized by MS appeared on Windows store. And we are proud that we are among the chosen ones :)

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Finally, it's about time. I can't understand why MS doesn't allow so much extensions at this stage. They have to make their browser more attractive but they don't want to get much extensions. They want to get rid of IE, but instead they make a browser that has the same limited extension catalog like in IE...

Reactions: Fritz

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Finally, it's about time. I can't understand why MS doesn't allow so much extensions at this stage. They have to make their browser more attractive but they don't want to get much extensions. They want to get rid of IE, but instead they make a browser that has the same limited extension catalog like in IE...

Colleen Williams, PM at MS working with Microsoft Edge, I was having interaction with her about Edge having issues with Gmail (which I found out from her it was due to lastpass extension, fix is in a way). I went through her interaction with other people/developers. This is what she said to one of the developers about Edge extension in her twitter account.

At this point, extensions aren't opened up to a broad developer audience. We are continuing to add APIs, fix bugs and focusing on top adoption blockers for extensions. It has been added to the backlog and when we're ready to go wider, an announcement will be made on the Edge blog.

Reactions: reboot and kev216

reboot

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2017
Thanks for the share. Would you bother installing the extension if you already have the desktop version of Adguard?

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Thanks for the share. Would you bother installing the extension if you already have the desktop version of Adguard?

Obviously not, as it is listed as a restriction right in the article above:

Extension does not support the integration mode. This means that it won't work alongside with the full-fledged Adguard program.

reboot

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2017
Obviously not, as it is listed as a restriction right in the article above:

Thanks for taking the time to let me know Fritz. I read the post on my phone and must have totally scrolled past that line. Sorry if I caused a rolling of the eyes moment for you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.