AdGuard For Mac BETA 1.0.53: Comprehensive Review

Product name
Adguard For Mac Beta 1.0.56
Pros
  • - Powerful Protection Against ADS, Banners, Video ads, etc.
    - Comprehensive Tracking Protection against many tracking code
CONS
- Sluggish Performance when testing, pages don't load properly often
- Missing Parental Control feature, and Browsing Security doesn't measure up to Windows's standards
BOTTOM LINE
AdGuard for Mac BETA works quite well in it's main features, but it still needs some polishing up. It has a lot of potential and may end up as powerful as the Windows version when the official version is announced.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I know many of you don't have a Mac, but I was very curious how the Mac version worked! The new beta out last month works quite well for a BETA version, and provides a neat, clean interface. Here is the beta interface on my MacBook:

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 4.43.23 PM.png

As you see, I've been evaluating the BETA since the earliest closed version on December 29th, and @avatar was kind enough to give me a beta code so I can test this version. The beta has come a long way since then, and has streamlined very much. Here is the screenshot of the mac version of the new Adguard Assistant:
Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 4.47.40 PM.png

Compared to the windows version of the old-fashioned a.

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
Do you really need parental control in AG for Mac? We are not yet sure about it.

Also next beta should be faster than the current stable, we have done lots of optimizations.
Will be available in a week or so.

Reactions: Chromatinfish 123

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Do you really need parental control in AG for Mac? We are not yet sure about it.

Also next beta should be faster than the current stable, we have done lots of optimizations.
Will be available in a week or so.
Thank You! No, I wasn't talking about Parental Control, about more extensions from scripts, but Parental Control would be nice too.

Glad to hear that the speed is getting faster. I tried to send the logs to you, but when it's in Debug mode it loads much faster!

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
Glad to hear that the speed is getting faster. I tried to send the logs to you, but when it's in Debug mode it loads much faster!

That is weird:) Let's wait for the next beta, it must be better.

No, I wasn't talking about Parental Control, about more extensions from scripts

Ah, now I see, thank you! We plan to add it in the next major update after release.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.