Upendra19

Level 4
I had a chat with IVPN support a few months ago regarding the use of another adblock as IVPN has an anti-tracker, support were of the opinion that a program such as Adguard may still be useful - Adguard has many options as we know - Windcribe has similar function to IVPN anti-tracker ROBERT that I've found to be a little OTT - Adguard licences I have are being used by friends? and family so no regrets there when I bought the extra 9 unit licences as I 'look after' (working on weening people off this) a fair amount of PC's - I've replaced AdGuard on this Desktop with BlackFog which many dislike but I'm very pleased with ;);)
My Adguard licence has been expire but I still use it on mobile with some extra DNS filters. I would have bought licence yet but Adguard won't accept the card I have 😣.

JoyousBudweiser

Level 9
Verified
My Adguard licence has been expire but I still use it on mobile with some extra DNS filters. I would have bought licence yet but Adguard won't accept the card I have 😣.
I think you can save those bucks and just use Nextdns, for windows integration( for encrypted dns) use Yoga dns as it won't interfere with vpn connections. If you need cosmetic filters just use UBO ( just the cosmetic filters turned on).

JoyousBudweiser

Level 9
Verified
Already using NextDNS since June. So far all good. I am also using NextDNS along with Adguard on mobile.
Then you don't actually need adguard for windows. Enable the oisd block list in next.it covers most aspects and is updated frequently.( Anudeep's Blacklist is also good)
Untitled-1.jpg

Reactions: Protomartyr

Jan Willy

Level 3
Then you don't actually need adguard for windows. Enable the oisd block list in next.it covers most aspects and is updated frequently.( Anudeep's Blacklist is also good)
View attachment 245469
No need to use steven-black and nextdns-recommended together. The latter includes about 87% of the steven-black rules.
Edit:
The latter includes all the steven-black rules. For 87% they are part of nextdns-recommended. 13% is focused on Asian sites.

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 65
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
AdGuard for Windows version 7.5.1 (August 26, 2020)

In this hotfix, we enhanced the filtering, fixed minor issues and updated the CoreLibs engine.

Changelog:
[Fixed] Update from 7.4.2 to 7.5 - HTTPS exclusions are doubled in the list #3508
[Fixed] Parental Control exit issue #3511
Upgraded CoreLibs to v1.7.64
[Enhancement] Add $ping content type #1258
[Fixed] Problematic userscripts #1273
[Fixed] AGFDVSocket doesn't return original peer address in case of outbound proxy set #1330

JoyousBudweiser

Level 9
Verified
You don't need anything more than nextdns, yeah right.
It's much better than what you had suggested. 100$ per year for ads blocking wow what a find. I ll see ads any day rather than paying 100$ per year. for your information, I have been an adguard user from 2016 onwards and at that time neither nextdns nor your 100$ company existed and i do not regret my adguard lifetime purchase/using ( 10$ at that time if i remember correctly for 3 systems).

Gangelo

Level 3
Verified
I think you can save those bucks and just use Nextdns, for windows integration( for encrypted dns) use Yoga dns as it won't interfere with vpn connections. If you need cosmetic filters just use UBO ( just the cosmetic filters turned on).

Depending on your needs.
Adguard is the king if you appreciate elements filtering and cosmetic filtering. Also, the lifetime licences are a steal.
NextDNS as with any DNS solution can only filter domains and cosmetic filtering is out of the question.

Upendra19

Level 4
AdGuard for Windows v.7.5.2 (from October 5, 2020)
I installed Adguard(6 month trial from Comss.ru) today and I am really surprised. About 2 months ago browsing with Adguard Desktop was very slow for me but now it is way much better and best part is, it is low on resource usage for me.

amirr

Level 7
The Windows Tracking options just broke the majorly of Microsoft APPs, this why I avoid such tools and options, they just end up breaking the system in general.

Thankfully was easy to solve (turning the options back off on Adguard is not enough), was just testing anyway to see if Adguard was less intrusive than other tools, but is just as problematic.
Stealth Mode is off by default in the new version 7.5.2