FireHammer

Level 6
Hi, Adguard is the best, I have it installed though I use VPNs, when I do not use my VPNs I have the Adguard DNS enabled, it is really rock solid software.
I have used it only in browsers in the past, but this month 1/10-20 I decided to purchase the Adguard App, it works wonders for you.
I am really impressed.:):love:

Upendra19

Level 4
Does anyone use AdGuard Home? I installed it on my laptop as a service. I am really surprised that it was so easier to install. I don't think anyone would need to use NextDNS on Windows. Also it supports all protocols DoT, DoH & DNScrypt. Although I am using NextDNS along with AdGuard Home because it is only DNS provider which have fastest resolving time other than Google at my location. Best thing is that you can use any provider which is the fastest and add filters to make it like NextDNS. On Android, with mobile data on, NextDNS is the only option.

Freud2004

Level 5
Jesus, this is a recommendable application? Cut the internet seep in 20%, I lost 40MBs in absolute speed with Adguard on.
Removing now this app, sorry butt I can not recommend this application with that impact over internet speed.

JasonUK

Level 1
Taking AdGuard for WIndows for a trial run having previously been using UBO & AdGuard AdBlocker extension but have a few questions about the DNS module. (I don't use anything like NextDNS currently).

Is there any merit to enabling the DNS setting within AdGuard for Windows and if so do you need to change any IPv4 & 6 settings on your network adapter? AdGuard for Windows doesn't prompt you to but if you choose AdGuard's AdGuard DNS product on their website it does.

Also if you do enable the DNS setting in AdGuard for Windows, choose say the AdGuard DNS option and also add the AdGuardDNS filter list do you still keep AdGuard Base filter enabled too (ie are they complimentary)?

Last edited:

Jan Willy

Level 4
Also if you do enable the DNS setting in AdGuard for Windows, choose say the AdGuard DNS option and also add the AdGuardDNS filter list do you still keep AdGuard Base filter enabled too (ie are they complimentary)?
Explanation from AdGuard Ad Filters | AdGuard Knowledgebase
DNS filter — composed of several other filters (AdGuard Base filter, Social media filter, Spyware filter, Mobile ads filter, EasyList and EasyPrivacy) and simplified specifically to be better compatible with DNS-level ad blocking. This filter is used by AdGuard DNS servers to block ads and tracking.