New Update AdGuard for Windows - Stable Updates Thread

Jan Willy

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
Windscribe is a VPN as I remember that AdGuard optimised to run well, however I'm using Wireguard with IVPN & Adguard in that combination cut speed by over 50%, not found a way round it yet?
I have no experience with IVPN, but I think that when you use IVPN, Adguard is redundant. IVPN offers also ad- and tracker blocking. A pitty that you have several cheap Adguard lifetime licenses.

Edit:
I use Windscribe as add-on in Waterfox, not the desktop app. In Windscribe I have disabled 'Ad Crusher' and 'Tracker Eradicator'. Perhaps you can disable ad- and trackerblocking in the IVPN desktop app.

Last edited:

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I had a chat with IVPN support a few months ago regarding the use of another adblock as IVPN has an anti-tracker, support were of the opinion that a program such as Adguard may still be useful - Adguard has many options as we know - Windcribe has similar function to IVPN anti-tracker ROBERT that I've found to be a little OTT - Adguard licences I have are being used by friends? and family so no regrets there when I bought the extra 9 unit licences as I 'look after' (working on weening people off this) a fair amount of PC's - I've replaced AdGuard on this Desktop with BlackFog which many dislike but I'm very pleased with ;);)

IVPN anti-tracker is either on or off, though there is another setting that blocks all Google & others which can make sites look not too good that use Google fonts for example

Edited with screenshot: IVPN.png
Realised how off topic I am - Sorry.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 78429

I had a chat with IVPN support a few months ago regarding the use of another adblock as IVPN has an anti-tracker, support were of the opinion that a program such as Adguard may still be useful - Adguard has many options as we know - Windcribe has similar function to IVPN anti-tracker ROBERT that I've found to be a little OTT - Adguard licences I have are being used by friends? and family so no regrets there when I bought the extra 9 unit licences as I 'look after' (working on weening people off this) a fair amount of PC's - I've replaced AdGuard on this Desktop with BlackFog which many dislike but I'm very pleased with ;);)
My Adguard licence has been expire but I still use it on mobile with some extra DNS filters. I would have bought licence yet but Adguard won't accept the card I have 😣.

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
My Adguard licence has been expire but I still use it on mobile with some extra DNS filters. I would have bought licence yet but Adguard won't accept the card I have 😣.
I think you can save those bucks and just use Nextdns, for windows integration( for encrypted dns) use Yoga dns as it won't interfere with vpn connections. If you need cosmetic filters just use UBO ( just the cosmetic filters turned on).

Jan Willy

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
Then you don't actually need adguard for windows. Enable the oisd block list in next.it covers most aspects and is updated frequently.( Anudeep's Blacklist is also good)
View attachment 245469
No need to use steven-black and nextdns-recommended together. The latter includes about 87% of the steven-black rules.
Edit:
The latter includes all the steven-black rules. For 87% they are part of nextdns-recommended. 13% is focused on Asian sites.

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
AdGuard for Windows version 7.5.1 (August 26, 2020)

In this hotfix, we enhanced the filtering, fixed minor issues and updated the CoreLibs engine.

Changelog:
[Fixed] Update from 7.4.2 to 7.5 - HTTPS exclusions are doubled in the list #3508
[Fixed] Parental Control exit issue #3511
Upgraded CoreLibs to v1.7.64
[Enhancement] Add $ping content type #1258
[Fixed] Problematic userscripts #1273
[Fixed] AGFDVSocket doesn't return original peer address in case of outbound proxy set #1330

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
You don't need anything more than nextdns, yeah right.
It's much better than what you had suggested. 100$ per year for ads blocking wow what a find. I ll see ads any day rather than paying 100$ per year. for your information, I have been an adguard user from 2016 onwards and at that time neither nextdns nor your 100$ company existed and i do not regret my adguard lifetime purchase/using ( 10$ at that time if i remember correctly for 3 systems).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.