Update AdGuard for Windows version 7.6 from April 21, 2021

amirr

Level 16
Jan 26, 2020
If anyone is having issues with "Custom Nextdns" doh configuration( ie nextdns page says "this device is not using Nextdns configuration") with new Adguard windows, you can go to
Settings>general settings> Advanced settings> scroll down to the end> untick " Enable DNS FallBack"
I do not use any DNS thing on my PC, or Edge. I also turned off the "DNS Protection" in the Adguard.
Is this okay to turn this setting below off? Thanks.
1624060995730.png

Reactions: Nevi

monkeylove

Level 6
Mar 9, 2014
I noticed that browsing slows down considerably when some features are activated or more lists are added from what's offered. Thinks speeded up when I reset settings to default. To minimize the cookie notification popups in some sites, I also had to activate Fanboy's Annoyances.

monkeylove

Level 6
Mar 9, 2014
For now, yes, and it was able to stop cookie popups in at least one site. I will visit other sites and see if a second list will work, then report to this thread. For now, I want to minimize adding more lists or even activating features.

Edit: I was able to block video popups in a second site using the Web Annoyances ultralist plus cookie notifications in another site, so I'll try that and deactivate Fanboy Annoyances first.

Local Host

Level 24
Verified
Sep 26, 2017
I noticed that browsing slows down considerably when some features are activated or more lists are added from what's offered. Thinks speeded up when I reset settings to default. To minimize the cookie notification popups in some sites, I also had to activate Fanboy's Annoyances.
Ever since Adguard changed the person responsible for the Annoyances filter, it has been useless at best.

amirr

Level 16
Jan 26, 2020
I noticed that if I use Fanboy's Annoyances, then on this forum I have this problem:

I did not have even the copy button:
1631108091113.png

Moonhorse

Level 30
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2018
Filters i use :

Adguards own filters
- adguard base filter
- adguard url tracking filter
- adguard tracking protection filter