New Update AdGuard for Windows - Stable Updates Thread

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Adguard isn't filtering my Firefox after updating. Anyone experiencing the same or has a solution? I reinstalled the certificate and checked that Firefox is in the list of filtered applications. Still I didn't manage to get it fixed...

Unbenannt.PNG

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
They've shifted AdGuard DNS filterlist from Ad Blocker section to DNS Protection section which makes sense. Also note they've introduced a new list 'AdGuard URL tracking filter' which seems to duplicate the option 'Strip URLs of tracking parameters' in the Stealth mode section ~ you would have thought selecting the option in Stealth Mode would enable the filterlist automatically but it doesn't. User (well this one at least :)) left wondering why you'd have both the list & option ~ should you enable either/or/both?! Exactly the same url parameters are stripped.

I've used update to trim filterlists anyway ~ gone are Online Malicious URL Blocklist (I use Quad9 which filters dodgy sites anyway), I don't care about cookies (because I really don't care about being asked) and the Adblock Warning Removal List.

Does anyone still recommend using Peter Lowe's Blocklist with AdGuard?

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Adguard isn't filtering my Firefox after updating. Anyone experiencing the same or has a solution? I reinstalled the certificate and checked that Firefox is in the list of filtered applications. Still I didn't manage to get it fixed...

View attachment 257189
Where is that setting please? Thanks. Oh, I found it, its the last one from the bottom.

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Just updated mine. Great version again. Browsing actually improved on my system.

They've shifted AdGuard DNS filterlist from Ad Blocker section to DNS Protection section which makes sense. Also note they've introduced a new list 'AdGuard URL tracking filter' which seems to duplicate the option 'Strip URLs of tracking parameters' in the Stealth mode section ~ you would have thought selecting the option in Stealth Mode would enable the filterlist automatically but it doesn't. User (well this one at least :)) left wondering why you'd have both the list & option ~ should you enable either/or/both?! Exactly the same url parameters are stripped.

I've used update to trim filterlists anyway ~ gone are Online Malicious URL Blocklist (I use Quad9 which filters dodgy sites anyway), I don't care about cookies (because I really don't care about being asked) and the Adblock Warning Removal List.

Does anyone still recommend using Peter Lowe's Blocklist with AdGuard?
I have both enabled. Doesn't hurt plus i don't if one compliments the other or not.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I had a response to my AdGuard URL Tracking Filter point on the AdGuard forum:

To paraphrase AdGuard's response; the new filterlist will replace the separate parameter settings in the Stealth section.
Where to find the AdGuard URL Tracking Filter in Adguard?

Thanks

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
If anyone is having issues with "Custom Nextdns" doh configuration( ie nextdns page says "this device is not using Nextdns configuration") with new Adguard windows, you can go to
Settings>general settings> Advanced settings> scroll down to the end> untick " Enable DNS FallBack"

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018

View attachment 257189
Sorry, can't help out here, the update continued filtering Firefox on my system as before.

On another matter regarding the update - during the update process AdGuard shut down and did not automatically restart, so for those who haven't updated yet, watch out for that.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I've just changed my DNS in AdGuard settings from D0H to DoQ, so far it seems to be working well. I was wondering if others here have any observations on changing over to DoQ, your thoughts wiil be appreciated.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Sorry, can't help out here, the update continued filtering Firefox on my system as before.

On another matter regarding the update - during the update process AdGuard shut down and did not automatically restart, so for those who haven't updated yet, watch out for that.
Thanks, it was caused by Sophos as the exploit protection was preventing the filtering.

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
I've just changed my DNS in AdGuard settings from D0H to DoQ, so far it seems to be working well. I was wondering if others here have any observations on changing over to DoQ, your thoughts wiil be appreciated.
It is still in drafting stages, if its your production machine i suggest to switch back to either doh or dot. I tried Doq with nextdns ( nextdns allegedly supports the protocol) configuration but adguard doesn't accepts the nextdns address.

Zartarra

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019

View attachment 257189
I have similar problems with browser filtering. I hope it is not an issue with SHP. I can remember something from a while ago.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I have similar problems with browser filtering. I hope it is not an issue with SHP. I can remember something from a while ago.
It is caused by Sophos as I already said above. You have to turn off the exploit protection for your browser and also disable the FIrefox option in protected applications. I will ditch Sophos until this issue is resolved tho...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.