Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
7.6.1 version of Adguard Windows released

AdGuard for Windows

version 7.6.1 from April 24, 2021

After the recent v7.6 release a small percentage of users encountered a rather severe issue of not being able to update any filters, or even the app itself. This problem isn't very common but extremely critical to those who ran into it, so it justifies an immediate hotfix.

If you're one of the unlucky ones to have this problem, AdGuard will not update automatically for you. You need to check for updates manually or reinstall the app.

[Fixed] AdGuard breaks internet connection #3758

The explanation for this problem is quite technical. No reason to cite it here, you can find the detailed explanation in this comment by AdGuard's CTO.

Changelog​

[Fixed] No filtering until "Filter localhost" is enabled after updating from v7.5 to v7.6 #3762

[Other] Minor fixes & improvements

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just updated to v7.6.1

1619229275671.png

Zartarra

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
The ADguard update and the modifications to Sophos won't fix the problem :unsure:.

Installing the nocookies list to adguard did not solve the cookie warning on the websites 😭.

I checked the support page of Sophos but nothing to find. My Sophos license is expiring in one month. Maybe time to find another AV product.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
The ADguard update and the modifications to Sophos won't fix the problem :unsure:.

Installing the nocookies list to adguard did not solve the cookie warning on the websites 😭.

I checked the support page of Sophos but nothing to find. My Sophos license is expiring in one month. Maybe time to find another AV product.
It definitely was caused by Sophos, but also some other AV's detect the new version of Adguard as malicious. On my moms PC also Cylance quarantines some files of Adguard and even Norton Power Eraser rates multiple files as malicious. Currently I'm using G Data and everything is working smoothly here.

Last edited:

Zartarra

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
It definitely was caused by Sophos, but also some other AV's detect the new version of Adguard as malicious. On my moms PC also Cylance quarantines some files of Adguard and even Norton Power Eraser rates multiple files as malicious. Currently I'm using G Data and everything is working smoothly here.
Thanks for the info.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
My user experience for updated versions with new features by Adguard,, clean install works always best, of course it takes more time to setup all properly for your needs, but it's probably worth to avoid major issues...

Zartarra

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
I opened a support ticket at Sophos. And now we wait :).

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
It is still in drafting stages, if its your production machine i suggest to switch back to either doh or dot. I tried Doq with nextdns ( nextdns allegedly supports the protocol) configuration but adguard doesn't accepts the nextdns address.
I switched back to DoH. AdGuard need to do some more tweaking with their DoQ offering still before I will try it again.

Zartarra

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
I won't install Sophos again for now... It doesn't perform well in the latest tests in the Hub and the changes of the new version are disappointing too. I'll wait for them to improve their script protection or add more of their endpoint modules.
Support ticket is open. First thing they ask is to disable all the components. Some ads and cookie notifications are still shown. When I completely uninstall SHP ads and notifications are blocked again. So there is definitely an issue with Sophos.

The SDU logs are send for further investigation.

Zartarra

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
Support ticket is open. First thing they ask is to disable all the components. Some ads and cookie notifications are still shown. When I completely uninstall SHP ads and notifications are blocked again. So there is definitely an issue with Sophos.

The SDU logs are send for further investigation.
Update: support ask me to uninstall NoVirusThanks Osamor and perform a clean install of Sophos.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
If anyone is having issues with "Custom Nextdns" doh configuration( ie nextdns page says "this device is not using Nextdns configuration") with new Adguard windows, you can go to
Settings>general settings> Advanced settings> scroll down to the end> untick " Enable DNS FallBack"
I do not use any DNS thing on my PC, or Edge. I also turned off the "DNS Protection" in the Adguard.
Is this okay to turn this setting below off? Thanks.
1624060995730.png

Reactions: Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.