AdGuard Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

djkwartz

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 17, 2018
Hi,
First post here.. I must say that I've been visiting this forum for a while reading all your great tips & tricks but now decided to join as a member.

I've stumbled upon this today.
Is it me or this looks like a pi-hole clone? Will you guys consider using it?

Introducing AdGuard Home

dashboard.jpg

treisss

Level 1
Verified
May 30, 2018
This project seems quite promising though bugs are expected in the current release (0.9).
I reported one related to
Code:
corefile
It launches successfully if called right from the AdGuardHome folder. e.g
Code:
./AdGuardHome
This is currently the workaround.
If fails if called from root folder. e.g
Code:
/home/username/AdGuardHome/AdGuardHome

treisss

Level 1
Verified
May 30, 2018
Hot fix for v0.9 has released and fixed the issue I reported beside some other fixes. Personally I don't recommend changing the default port 53 (which is told possible in install instructions) to another which may lead to bug that AGH cannot download/update filters.

This version is working well so far. Sometimes filters are not applied sufficiently.
What I like the most is that it's portable, no browser hijacking and you can easily choose whether to blocked a DNS query or not from dashboard. Ability to add third-party filters is also a big plus for using a DNS blocking service.
The support team is working hard as hell as well as many volunteers to help troubleshoot bugs so don't be hesitated open an issue over there if you meet one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.